MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/23/2011 12:13 PM

Just wondering...

Seriouslyseeking
Seriouslyseeking  

My mania has become stronger and stronger. I don't know if my turning 39 makes a difference, I couldn't survive with out my mood stabilizer and ambian, I literally can not sleep without them. I feel so dependent on my meds rather then b grateful I have effective treatment. Some people in my life call me a pill head or some other term, b/c my short term memory has been negatively effected. In the last few yrs I've been in the mental hospital 3 times. Can anyone relate with out of control mania?Blink

08/23/2011 01:01 PM
lost4good
lost4good  

Watch baseball or bowling.. dumbs me down real quick LOL. Don't know.. sounds like you need to touch bases with your caregiver.

08/24/2011 12:46 PM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

You may need to tweak your meds. I call in to the pdoc for an appointment sounds like a good idea. I finally got my mania in tact when I was hospitalized last year.

08/24/2011 02:11 PM
danzig621
danzig621  

Ambien made me dumb. i was always in some sort of fog. but you are taking it because you cannot sleep without it. that is the point of it, other people can call you whatever they want...they can sleep without meds because they are not bipolar. have you tried anything else for sleep? i see some folks on trazadone, some taking zyprexa at night. do a little research before seeing your doc. sometimes (with some docs) i find it easier to deal with them if i have some ideas of what to try next.

good luck!

08/24/2011 02:57 PM
lost4good
lost4good  

I have ambien, and rarely use it for the reason danzig621 said and because it feels like a hard liquor handover with the fog.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved