MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/20/2011 10:46 AM

Disability?

dagny
dagny  

How many of you here, that are of working age, are able to get disability based solely (I'm talking Medicare disability) on your bipolar disorder? If so, how long did it take to get it and was it a horrible process? I don't know how long I can go on working. Thanks.

06/20/2011 05:49 PM
redphoenix
redphoenix  
VIP Member

I'm on SSDI... have been for over two years... strictly based on BP. I didn't have to use an attorney, they approved me on my first try... I was shocked. I guess I had enough evidence to convince them I couldn't work... and I really couldn't. I wouldn't be able to work today either. I'm still working on my stability and don't know when, if ever, I will be able to get back to work full time. There is also a Social Security Disability group on MDJ. You can probably find a lot of good info there.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved