MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/08/2011 02:44 PM

My spouse was just diagnosed Type II

mzubeck

Wow!!! Where do I start. I am 52 years old and on May 13th ,2009 I met the love my life. I had never been married but am now,(just over a year). I can't say that I was surprised by the results as we both have known there was a possibility. I have been in recovery from alcoholism since August of 1983 so I certainly know how important it is to have support, she has mine!!!! She is my love. I guess that is it for now-I am just on here trying to gain some knowledge about the disease and the treatment. Thank you for your time and Bless you all

Mzubeck

02/08/2011 04:33 PM
rainegirl
rainegirl  

You sound awesome and so considerate! What a lovely message of support for your partner. There is a bipolar spouse group, if you think it will be helpful to you, as well. I hope that both you and your wife can find the help and advice you need here.

02/08/2011 07:51 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi, you are such a sweetheart to go looking for help in finding information on your wife's illness. It's hard having bipolar and a lot of people just don't understand it because they have never lived with it. You will learn a lot about bipolar here from people's experiences. Ask questions, we'll answer with our personal experiences. Congratulations on your recovery from alcohol. That is a great accomplishment. You are doing great! A good beginner book is Bipolar Disorder for Dummies. It's pretty basic, but it's very informative. I'm glad you joined, it shows you care a lot about your wife and want to support her as much as you can. We will be here to support you and help you in any way that we can. It's very nice to meet you. I hope you like it here. Welcome to the group!!

02/08/2011 08:37 PM
13pieces
13pieces  

It's so awesome and exciting to see someone going the extra mile to be supportive! Your wife is a very lucky woman. I hope you find what you need here. Bipolar can be very difficult to live with and it's hard on the people around you too. You are obviously a strong person to have overcome your addiction to alcohol for so long. I pray that you and your wife make it through this together.

02/09/2011 02:58 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

Yay for you Mzubeck! I'm glad your wife has your support. It's been so important to me to have the support of my husband - it goes a long way. Just actively listen to her and try not to problem solve 1st. That's sometimes my husband's downfall. Anyway, you're an awesome husband and I hope you find this group helpful.

02/09/2011 05:45 PM
mzubeck

Thank you so much for the responses. It is very reassuring to know there is someplace I can go to be with people who understand. (not that I do at all yet). I just sat down and wrote about 5 pages about stuff. Just started writing and it is amazing what one will find. My job is mindless-I have really no stress at work-my wife on the other hand is a different story. she has stress at work-MAJOR-and gets no break from it because there is stress at home that honestly is not us but family. Well thank you again and once I learn to navigate on this website I will be a regular. Have a great evening everybody and God bless you all.

MZubeckSmile

02/09/2011 10:44 PM
Lousie75
Lousie75  

Good for you for realizing she did not ask for this. My husband is not as understanding. He is only worried about how it all effects him. It is turning into the end of our marriage. Sounds like your wife is a lucky lady. Hang in there. There will be ups and downs, just try to be patient until she is settled on meds. Best of luck!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved