MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/23/2011 02:36 PM

Do you also have those?

AlexaJN
AlexaJN  

All of a sudden, always in the evenings / nights i have a crying attack, feel lonely, desperate and horrible.

Last night i called my mom at 1:15 am (she lives 7 mins drive away} because i could not stand the alone.

01/23/2011 03:39 PM
Shuperman
Shuperman  

I get those spells too your not alone...

01/23/2011 04:09 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sometimes this happens to me. Do you live alone? The emptiness can get to you at times. When you feel lonely it's awful and you just want someone to be by your side to talk to. I'm sorry you feel like this right now. It's nice to have your mom live so close to you and to be able to call in all hours of the night. That is a true mother and it sounds like she is really there for you. You are not alone, many of us suffer through this. Hang in there, we are here for you.

01/23/2011 04:38 PM
mem4809

I don't have the feeling of being alone anymore since I joined this group but I have uncontrollable crying spells almost every evening. I get a lot of anxiety right before it.

01/23/2011 06:28 PM
RubyRoo
RubyRoo  

I too get depressed in the late evening with crying spells. It has been worse when my husband works 3rd shift. He has been on days for the past 5 or 6 weeks and I have been much better. He just started back on nights tonight so I will see how things go this week.But you are definately not alone.

01/24/2011 07:36 AM
AlexaJN
AlexaJN  

Yeah, i live alone...Sad

01/24/2011 08:22 AM
tipsylibra
tipsylibraPosts: 16

I do not live alone, but for as isolated as I tend to be, I may as well. I get that sudden crying urge; intense and overwhelming. I, however, don't allow it because it always seems to come when I am in the middle of something I cannot drop....like making lunch for the kids or driving. I suppress it, and I have for years, but I realize this is a healthy way to let off steam and I usually wish I could just let it out for a change.

Do you find that you feel better after you have a good cry, or worse?

01/24/2011 11:25 AM
notreally
notreally  

I tend to get very alone at night and want to talk to someone, but I don't want to bother anyone so I let it go. I always wake up feeling better. It is better lately, but I often wish I didn't take the sleeping pill so I could just get up and pace and burn energy to make the feeling go away, but I am too physically ready to sleep. I think it would be much worse without sleeping pills.

01/24/2011 01:03 PM
redphoenix
redphoenix  
VIP Member

I feel like that all the time, but mine is during the day while my kids are gone. I sometimes feel like the walls are closing in around me. I think about who I can call (the list is short) and wind up sitting around watching TV or sleeping. I'm sorry you are having this problem. Hopefully, it will eventually pass.

01/24/2011 01:30 PM
jjbananee

I get that way too. The evenings are the hardest time for me. I just cry and cry and I tend to start arguments also. Something makes me feel extremely volnerable at night. I feel your pain. Sorry I cant offer any advice, all I can say is I understand.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved