MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/20/2010 04:28 AM

Talking to pdoc today

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So here's the truth I was feeling so anxious and depressed last week I was taking 4mg of Klonopin instead of 3 I was supposed to be taking 1 1/2 in the morning and at night and I was taking 2mg instead. Which will make me short for this month. By Thursday with no change I decided to go back to 1200mg of Lithium from 900mg. Its worked and I'm only on 2mg of Klonopin and doing really well. My pdoc is pretty lenient with me but I'm feeling like I may have crossed the line with the Klonopin. Should I tell her or just tell her about the Lithium. Right now I'm very anxious about this because I don't want to loose a good pdoc.

Theres nobody else like her around here and pdocs are slim pickings. I don;t know what to do Blush

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 12/20/2010 04:29 AM

12/20/2010 04:47 AM
tattoogirl
tattoogirl  

I can't see why you can't tell your pdoc about the Klonopin. You needed it. I know if I'm extra anxious about something, I take an extra Klonopin. That's what it's for. I know that I had built up a resistance to it. I was up to 3 mg. a day. Now down to 1 mg. So, I don't feel bad if I need to take one if I need it and you shouldn't either. I'm glad the Lithium is working for you.

Debbie

12/20/2010 04:53 AM
mem4809

I think you should tell her. If she is upset with it--which would be unprofessional then you can recommend that next time she goes away could she please arrange to have another Pdoc to either meet with you or to be available by phone. I think it is very important to know how you have been coping. Good luck and keep us posted. I am sure she is more compassionate than you think she is!

Janna

12/20/2010 06:58 AM
TracyElaine
TracyElainePosts: 103

I'm not sure what time your appointment is but I hope everything goes okay and you will be able to tell your Pdoc what you've had to do with your medications to get by.

Mine is off until the 1st of the year and I told her I was so uneasy about this. She has a nurse practitioner that works with her but I told my Pdoc that I'm most comfortable with her and not the NP. I've seen the NP once and talked to her over the phone once and she's just okay, not great. I'm praying I don't have any major issues until January 12th when I have my next Pdoc appointment.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you today, Rick. Keep us posted!

12/20/2010 07:33 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm waiting on a call back now. I'll tell her everything and we'll take it from there. Thanks for all the feedback I really needed to hear it. She has always been understanding and I overreact when I don't follow the instructions guess I'm still anxious.

12/20/2010 07:57 AM
Heather1177
Heather1177  

You are the best judge of what is best for your body and what you need... especially after you have been medicated for a while. As long as it's not just quitting your meds or trying to take too much to harm yourself, then your pdoc should work with you and your ideas. You have said before that she is good and that you have a good rapor with her. I've done the same thing with the Klonopin when I'm depressed. I used it to sleep more and escape.

Good luck with all this and stop stressing!

12/20/2010 08:04 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I was depressed and anxious at the same time. I have treatment resistant depression and GAD. I think when we lowered the Lamictal + the Lithium in did something. Then she was on vacation all last week. I was feeling pretty hopeless.

12/20/2010 08:19 AM
Heather1177
Heather1177  

Be kind to yourself. She's not your mother and she may scold you but I don't think she'll abandon you. Keep trying to stay positive and like I said try to stop stressing over what she will think and do. If you feel better and are not hurting yourself then I'm sure she will be supportive. Hugs.

12/20/2010 08:28 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes I am feeling like my normal self. I haven't felt like this in over 3 months. Its been wonderful. I'm sleeping good, I feel less anxiety that I did before and I'm no longer depressed. So there has been a lot of positive improvements over the last five days.

12/20/2010 05:55 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm happy you are feeling like your normal self again Rick. I'm sure she will understand why. Hopefully you can both agree on what you have adjusted.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved