MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2010 09:15 PM

Lamictal & brain fog

Lousie75
Lousie75  

I'm taking 250mg of lamictal for bp2 and was having severe brain fog. It was so bad I couldn't read or talk without struggling for words.

My psych added 40mg of vyvanse. She says that the ADD med will clear up the cognitive problems, and it did. My problem is I don't have ADD and it makes me nervous to take a med I know is meant for another condition.

I thought it would wind me up due to not having ADD, but it doesn't. I actually feel almost normal.

Has anyone else heard this works, or is taking ADD med for cognitive impairment " brain fog"?

12/04/2010 10:31 PM
Marjorie

I just wish I'd known about this. I couldn't take Lamictal because it made me incredibly absent minded, so I was switched to lithium, which I'm not entirely comfortable to be taking. Now I've started Strattera, because I suspect I have ADD!

For myself, anything that makes me feel normal is good with me.

12/05/2010 04:10 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I had problems for about a year when I started Lamictal, then they seemed to clear up. I wish I knew bout the ADD med, it would have been a great help esp. at work.

12/05/2010 09:11 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I take a stimulant for ADD but don't have ADD. It helps with my concentration and focus. It works great for me. Usually doctors don't like to add stimulants because it can cause mania so they don't. With me though it doesn't make me that way. I just feel normal. It doesn't amp me up or anything. Glad it helped you out.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved