MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/30/2010 10:26 AM

Anyone else just feel like they can't be anywhere?

Heather1177
Heather1177  

I just feel uncomfortable with everything. Like I'm scared and unsure. I sit and stare and get irritable very easily and am unable to effectively parent. My 4 year old runs all over me, because I swear he can sense when I feel this way.

I just wonder if anyone else feels this way. I need hope it will go away somewhat, but I'm scared. It's been so constant throughout my life. I'm scared to be alone my whole life!

Thinking about asking my doctor to try Wellbutrin when I go see him tomorrow. Can you take this along with Zoloft?

Post edited by: Heather1177, at: 11/30/2010 10:27 AM

11/30/2010 10:58 AM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 906

I used to feel like this sometimes before meds. My pdoc said it was mixed episodes. Maybe you need you meds tweaked. Tell your pdoc about sitting and staring and the irritablility maybe he/she can help.

I am sorry you feel this way. There is hope.

11/30/2010 11:53 AM
moodymama
moodymama  

I feel this way all the time. I didnt start getting the irritablity til a few months back. I have been most anti depressant which just make me more depressed, so I cant take them. I have been a few mood stabilizers, with so far no help. Although Depakote helped until I had a tragic event happen to me then it stopped working Sad Im almost at my wits end with meds....I truely hope you can find something that helps you Smile

11/30/2010 11:59 AM
Heather1177
Heather1177  

Gosh I feel you moody... I'm at my wit's end too. I read in your profile that you are married? Is that right? I have ruined most of my serious relationships with infidelity, although I didn't realize some of my poor decision making was due to bipolar at the time. I am feeling so hopeless. Have a doc appt tomorrow and will talk with him about this and changing meds, but that scares me too.

I hope things get better for you too. I am here to chat or talk or whatever you can do here. Tried the chat feature but it doesn't seem to be working well.

11/30/2010 01:11 PM
terascot123
terascot123  

I've had those times when all I would do is stare. Sometimes now I just don't want to be anywhere and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was "there." These feelings are transitory and are just part of my mood swings. I have been on many different meds with some good results and some not. Keep trying. I know how it feels to be afraid of myself. It does get better. There is hope. Maybe we can chat in the evenings. I'm at work right now.

Tera

11/30/2010 01:29 PM
yyeehhaawww
yyeehhaawwwPosts: 747

when i am depressed, and work, all i can do is sleep and not eat... on the weekend in bed all weekend so a resounding YES

11/30/2010 02:27 PM
anamerica

Yep. sitting, staring, sounds very familiar. irritability, oh yeah. my dad has dementia and i know that he can't help the things that he does, but i really have to work not to get mad at him cause i'm so irritated. my doc just upped my dosage on a new med so hoping that will help. well wishes for all of you. america

11/30/2010 05:48 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I used to feel that I couldn't parent very well. I would get irritable over the tiniest things and feel bad. It's not their fault, they are just children, but I still would get aggravated. I used to be scared to be alone too. I live alone now though and after about a year, a am at peace with it. I enjoy it now. You won't always feel these feelings you are having. Talk to your psychiatrist about these feelings you are having and see what he says. I personally think you are on two few medications, but I'm not a doctor. I hope you get some relief soon.

12/01/2010 09:35 AM
allthatglitters
allthatglitters  

Yes. I've always felt like I'm very uncomfortable and need to escape no matter where I am. It helps to be at home alone, but even then I'm always scared. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. As far as Zoloft and Wellbutrin, I'm not sure. They do work differently, but I don't know whether anyone combines them or not.

12/01/2010 02:36 PM
Heather1177
Heather1177  

I don't want to be this way. I want to be social and fun. A good mom. Just changed my meds with the doc today. HOpe it helps.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved