MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2010 09:43 AM

I have no one

sway

I have no one to talk to that understands what I'm going through my family knows I'm bipolar but they don't understand I tried to talk to them but it's like they dont care My husband thinks he knows but I'm not so sure he does I'm so upset that I have no one to talk to

11/22/2010 10:10 AM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

I know what you mean. I've felt that way before a lot. Like I just want someone to try to understand. I've tried explaining to my mom and she's sympathetic but she doesn't get it. The good thing is everyone here get's most everything.

11/22/2010 12:21 PM
katt64
katt64  

I know what you mean as well. My grandmother was bipolar but she died when I was about 14 and I didn't understand what was wrong with her. It wasn't long after that when i was in college that my mother and other family members started comparing me to her. "your just like nana" I have some family members who I know could benefit from some professional help! But* I am the only one who has needed it and has been "diagnosed" and is on medication. It seems to me they don't want to know! They treat me like a bomb thats about to go off at times. My husband and daughter- well, just when I think they get it they seem to clearly demonstrate that they don't. Example: up for three nights with insomnia had maybe six hours sleep in 72 hours...didn't feel like taking a shower or getting dressed. So, I was in my office a place i have created for myself with soothing colors and low lighting etc., and I was reading about this website for the first time. This was just the other day. When my husband came in pulled up the shades and said "you'd feel better if you just let in some light and joined the family"! They were watching Football which I hate. So I guess this is why this site is here. So we have eachother! I think my grandmother helped me find it! Wink

Post edited by: katt64, at: 11/22/2010 12:25 PM

11/22/2010 12:39 PM
yyeehhaawww
yyeehhaawwwPosts: 747

well, i think unfortunately, this is true for a lot of us... but that's why this place is so wonderful... just post away and you will find compassion, acceptance and understanding as we are all dealing with bp and its effects

11/22/2010 01:22 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Everyone knows that I have bipolar, but there is no one there to talk to about it. Sure they are there to talk about the weather and the everyday things that go on in life, but not about what consumes me everyday even though I am stable doesn't mean that I don't want to talk about it. It's lonely to be quiet all of the time about my bipolar. It feels good to talk to someone about it. That is what makes this place so special. We can talk about anything we want to. We get to let things out off our chest or we can talk about the simplest of things. I am grateful that it's here to take advantage of.

11/22/2010 01:46 PM
Moonbaby
Moonbaby  

This place is wonderful to come to to talk about the illness. We are here for you to talk about anything at anytime. Hugs,

11/27/2010 05:06 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

That's right, Sway, we're always here for you!

Anything you need to to know about, any thoughts and feelings you want to share, anybody's stories or advice you want to hear, we've got your back! Blessings, Jeni

11/27/2010 06:37 PM
willowwisp

that's why I came here.... I found acceptance and understanding here. I find strength here, to deal with the rest of life...

11/27/2010 06:59 PM
confusedrabbit

i know how you feel .... i mean i am not sure if my family understand exactly what i go through everyday..... being bipolar is very hard thats why i come here.

11/27/2010 07:02 PM
confusedrabbit

trust me i know how it feels.... i mean i try to tell my friends my boyfriend and my family what its like to be me.... and they just dont get it at all .... and what really upsets me is when people say things like.. just get over it.. or its all in your head if you dont want to feel that way then dont do it...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved