MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/16/2010 11:41 AM

Does anyone else feel unable to do anything

Heather1177
Heather1177  

I just cringe at the thought of managing anything and it pisses me off that I feel that way! Ever heard of learned helplessness? Well that's me to the tee!

I had an outburst last night with my youngest because he was being so difficult and I feel so unable to cope right now. I told him maybe he would be happier if he had no Mommy at all. This really upset my older son, and we were both crying. I hate that I hurt him so much with what I say. It's not fair to him, but its not in me to feel anything right now. I hate it I hate it I hate it!

The appt was not today, but tomorrow and I worry that I won't have the motivation to even go. When I try to talk to family they just tell me to pray and God will help me, but I've been praying for years and still I am.....

I have to manage the kids tonight... baseball game, then bed. I can get through that I'm sure. One minute at a time I guess.

Thanks for listening and the support guys.

11/16/2010 11:51 AM
notreally
notreally  

It can be exhausting and intimidating when in depression stage. I know what you are feeling and I think it really helps to have things you need to do for people you love. Sometimes the only motivation I can really get is doing something for someone else.

11/16/2010 01:37 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It sounds like you are getting short with your son. Then you feel guilty. You must go to your appointment no matter what. If you are unmotivated, make yourself go. You are having a really hard time. Once you get your medications right, it will become a lot easier. Watch what you say. Think before you speak. That is a good thing to do when you don't want to hurt anyone. Try relaxing in a bubble bath and see if that helps out. You can do this. Take it minute by minute if you have to. We are here for you so lean on us.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved