MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/04/2010 03:07 AM

Playing the game

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Well I put on a good poker face but truth be told I'm still in that low level depression.

I find it a struggle to do anything. Taking care of myself is a chore. I don't want to work but I need the money and we are already short handed. It just seems like I'm going through the motions and nothing really matters a whole lot. I can come on here and try to support whoever I can and seem alright but its all a facade. Sure is easy to say don't be negative but I don't see pulling myself out of this any time soon.

ITs still a couple seeks before the Lithium starts to work. Also it seems anything I take over the counter messes me up more. I need to find an allergy med that wont mess with my other meds. it all just gets to be too much. This has been going on for three months now. Ermm

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 11/04/2010 03:17 AM

11/04/2010 05:16 AM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 903

I am sorry you are feeling bad. Months is a long time to be feeling this way. I guess your pdoc is working on your meds?

I know you feel like you are playing a game but there is something said about faking it till you make it. Playing the game can make you feel a little better. Hang in there and keep posting.

Sending positive thoughts your way!

11/04/2010 06:03 AM
skullhappy
skullhappy  

Aw, Rick, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Faking it till you make it sometimes works, but man it's rough faking it. i think we all can relate. You don't have to fake it here. Be as pissy, mad, sad, angry, sad, melancholic or frustrated all you want. We love you unconditionally and we all want to see you feel better.

11/04/2010 09:40 AM
allthatglitters
allthatglitters  

I don't think people here would tell you to "not be negative" because we understand that it's not that simple! Sure, positive thinking can be a useful tool, but if this has been going on for months it would wear out anyone after awhile. If you need to ask for more support and don't have the energy to respond to everyone else here right now, that's okay! I hope you don't feel like you have to put up a facade for us too. It's hard enough to do that in daily life. Like skullhappy said, we just want what's best for you.

11/04/2010 11:22 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This is terrible Rick. I'm so sorry you are feeling this down. You don't have to put up a good face here. You can be you. Be however you need to be here. We love you and will support you. If you need more support, just ask for it, we will give it to you willingly. We want the best for you and just know that we are here for you no matter what. If you need to talk, message me anytime. I will listen and try to help.

11/04/2010 01:06 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

thanks everyone. I'll get through it. thinking of calling the pdoc about getting my prozac raised to 20mg. I;m only on 10mg so I think it may be time to raise the dose. After all I am on lithium which should stop any manic effects if any from the prozac.

11/04/2010 02:58 PM
Moonbaby
Moonbaby  

I'm saying a prayer for you too. Don't ever feel you have to fake it here. We are here for you as you have been for so many of us. Hugs,

11/04/2010 03:13 PM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 903

That sounds good Rick. Keep expressing yourself honestly.

11/04/2010 03:53 PM
hedap

Hey Rick,

you know we miss you when you're not around. So even if you come on here to help some people if you can and then give us an update that would be enough. I know you are a dedicated leader, but you've been going through some really rough stuff these past few months. I say as far as the boards go, do whatever makes you feel ok. PM me anytime, I'm on here sporadically throughout the day and evening.

hugs, heather

11/05/2010 04:33 AM
tattoogirl
tattoogirl  

Rick, hope you start to feel better soon. You know the meds take a while to work. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know it seems like a never-ending battle. Hopefully, you pull out of this funk soon. You're always here to support everyone. We're all here to support you too.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved