MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/26/2010 03:05 PM

another kind of anger discussion

willowwisp

I'm having some anger issues myself. Not the exciting ones that require anger management classes, but rather "swallowing" anger, and refusing to feel it. I am running into a lot of problems in my therapy these days, as all the issues I am trying to work on, to help stabalize my moods, have sort of hit a wall.. and I can't really get through these walls until I am ready to FEEL and release some of my anger that I have supressed.

Obviously I want to attack this sort of thing in private, alone where no one will get caught in the cross fire.. Wink

but, I'm looking for something I can do that will trigger, or get the ball rolling in the anger department. I wish I had a punching bag, cause that would be very theraputic.. but I don't... so any other suggestions?

10/26/2010 03:28 PM
LemonLime

Exercise helps! Also, forgiving. I know it's so easy. Hope you feel better.

10/26/2010 03:37 PM
willowwisp

I know.. I'm all about forgiveness.. I actually forgive way too fast... robbing myself of the healing that going through the anger stage can help me with... I do exercise.. perhaps I just need to exercise harder..

10/27/2010 06:01 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

One person over in the bipolar group has some great suggestions. She recommends rolling up a sock into a ball and throwing it against the wall. Poking a pin into that rolled up sock. Also, the best one, throw ice into the bathtub. The ice hitting the bathtub relieves a lot of anger. Exercise is a good one, but it's not as effective as a punching bag. You could cover your head with a pillow and scream. You could also punch your bed too. I hope this helps.

10/27/2010 06:21 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

The ice into the bath tub is very therapeutic. Just don't get too excited lol

10/29/2010 11:12 AM
LemonLime

Oops1 looking back I meant to say it's not so easy! saying and trying myself hard to forgive some of my family members.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved