MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2010 04:38 AM

Mood Stablizers

tattoogirl
tattoogirl  

I was wondering which of the mood stablizers out there actually work with Risperdal. I just had to stop Depakote because it's causing major hair loss and irritability. Now that I've stopped it, my moods are all over the place. Ok, then weepy, then depressed and just plain old flat. I feel quite numb at the moment which really makes me feel worse. I've tried a lot of them, just couldn't handle Seroquel or Trileptal.

10/20/2010 06:00 AM
Moonbaby
Moonbaby  

Sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I don't have any firsthand knowledge on Risperdal but just wanted you to know that we care. Lots of hugs,

10/20/2010 12:12 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I don't have any knowledge of Risperdal, but you might ask your doctor about Lamictal and Lithium. They are well known mood stabilizers that work very well. I wish you the best of luck.

10/20/2010 01:29 PM
tattoogirl
tattoogirl  

It seems like a lot of people on the boards take Lamictal. Does it have any bad side effects? I have to have him take me off the Trazodone too because it causes low blood pressure and I already suffer from that. I was hospitalized for it in March for 3 days.

10/20/2010 01:36 PM
hedap

From what I've heard the most common side effect is a rash. If that happens the med has to be discontinued immediately. Lamictal is used quite commonly and is effective for a lot of people. It seems to be quite a popular and successful stabilizer and works well for a lot of people. Good luck with the change. Being withoug a stabilizer is really sucky. Like having the worst case of PMS or something.

hugs, heather

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved