MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/13/2010 05:08 PM

Does anyone take Zyprexa in the morning?

konamitech
konamitechPosts: 38

I was wondering if zyprexa can be taken in the morning? I don't like to take these medications at night.alSo can you tell me when the sleepiness and sedated feeling stops ?

10/13/2010 06:43 PM
hedap

Hi Kona,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site. I'm not on Zyprexa, so I'm not sure about the adjustment time when you switch. I'm sure there's someone here who will have experience with it and be able to tell you. I understand it can make you very drowsy though.

Let us know how you do with the switch.... heather

10/13/2010 08:04 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm not on Zyprexa either, but I hear it works very well and very quick. It also makes you gain a lot of weight too I hear. I hope it works out well for you. Good luck.

10/14/2010 12:38 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

If I take 10mg during the day I get drowsy.

After about a week it lets up some. This is just my experience with it. I can take it as needed so its not an everyday thing. Although I did take it every day for about a month last year.

I have taken 10mg during the day and done well. The best way to test this is try it on the weekend when you don't have to be anywhere. It can be very sedating at times.

I can take it at night to help me sleep and it works pretty good. Its never knocked me out cold so I function pretty well at 10mg even if I don't go to bed.

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 10/14/2010 12:51 AM

10/14/2010 09:59 AM
Sunspyder

I only take Zyprexa PRN when I'm having a hypomanic episode. It really calms me, but maybe because I take such a low dose 5 mg of Zyprexa Zydis. I do know that Zyprexa on a regular daily basis will cause weight gain.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved