MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2010 04:19 PM

depressed

yyeehhaawww
yyeehhaawwwPosts: 747

going to see a new dr. tomorrow. on pristiq but it is not helping.

10/03/2010 04:32 PM
yyeehhaawww
yyeehhaawwwPosts: 747

i am so exhausted can't even enter stuff citalopram for years, tried abilify could not think very well, saphris made me hurt while sleeping, lamictal gave me a headache, crying, irritable and panic attack. don't see any medicine helping..

10/03/2010 06:39 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry you are so depressed. There are many medications out there these days. There will be one that works for you. Don't ever give up hope. You don't have to live like this. Your psychiatrist will find you something that will work for you. I'm sorry the ones that you have tried have not worked. We are all here for you so keep talking to us.

10/04/2010 12:27 AM
hedap

Yy

Don't give up hope, there are lots of pysche meds out there. You just gotten on the right one for you. Seeing a new doc might really help, bc some are more willing than others to listen to what the patient tells them.

I really hope you find your path toward stability. Good luck and I will look forward to reading more posts from you.

Keep us updated.

hedap

10/04/2010 03:33 AM
bennyw
bennyw  

hey yeeehawww...these guys are right. there's multiple meds/combination of meds out there...stay hopeful as i'm sure one will work...

this is just a suggestion, but I know there's a member on here who admitted herself to a psychiatric in-patient ward to get her meds sorted more quickly. if you're feeling at your wits end, perhaps you could go down that route?

in any case, i know you'll get better with the right treatment. how you feel at the moment is temporary and transient, no matter how difficult it feels.

10/04/2010 03:44 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I found the pdocs in the hospitals I have been in have helped a lot to get me on the right meds. Its kind of a last ditch move but it seems to work pretty well.

10/04/2010 05:16 AM
skullhappy
skullhappy  

Don't give up! It's a long hard road full of trial and error. It sounds like you've run into more error, and I'm sorry about that. It must be terribly difficult. Stay strong, you'll find your mix, i just know it.

10/04/2010 05:50 AM
Moonbaby
Moonbaby  

It can take awhile to get the meds right. It has been for me. Hang in there; you will find the right combination and life will get better. Hugs,

10/05/2010 11:12 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved