MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/27/2010 03:21 PM

Added Lithium at 300mg......

mizundrstd28
mizundrstd28  

and I actually think that its working. I take it twice a day. In the morning and the afternoon. The doctors felt that I was working too hard at trying to not react off my impulsivity. They were right. It was tiring me out. But, it has seemed to ease up a little. Easier to fall asleep, especially with the doxepine. Last night i woke up like four times but still gonna keep on working with them til we get the right cocktail working.... anyone else any thoughts or experiences with lithium?

09/27/2010 04:31 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I think it great that it's working for you! You will get the right cocktail in time. Keep on working with the psychiatrist. I have heard that Lithium is an excellent medication. Many have had success with it. Everyone is different when it comes to medications, but it sounds like you are on the right track.

09/27/2010 06:21 PM
mcmags
mcmags  

Lithium has been a lifesaver for me, literally! Glad you are doing better.

03/03/2011 09:14 PM
Zin

Lithium was what my aunt was on for ages...she was diagnosed as manic depressive...(bipolar) way back when. They put her on lithium and it did wonders for her. It was the only thing that worked.

They tried me on it, and, just because I'm different, it totally screwed up the 'steadiness' in my limbs. Now, sometimes, it gets bad enough that I can't even hold a drink to my lips without it shaking badly. Scares my girls when that happens. I'm off it, as the side effects were so bad, but it really messed with me and I still shake.

But, it helps a ton of people, too! Just remember to drink that water!! Wink

04/22/2012 08:47 AM
dugg
dugg  

i started a couple of months ago at that same dosage and so far, so good. at 300mg, i've been told it's meant to augment the other meds, especially any SSRI one might be taking.

as ii told a friend "it feels like somebody's moved out of my head, but i'm not sure i'll miss them" and so far i don't. still feeling creative and starting to get more engaged with the world again.

good luck!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved