MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/02/2010 03:03 AM

What do you have planned for the weekend?

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm going to pick up some landscape timbers and work on completing the upper level of my backyard waterfall pond. I completed the waterfall container last night. I still need to test it. I saved about $80.00 by building it myself Smile

We are supposed to have nice weather for the weekend so I'll be able to do a lot of work in the yard. I'm pretty excited about this project, and with the nice weather its going to be great weather to do the heavy duty work. Also I have a three day weekend woo hoo!

I'm also taking pictures of the progress so I will have a before and after Sideways

And no I'm not manic Tongue I am just feeling good after feeling crummy for the last few weeks.

07/02/2010 05:36 AM
SCarlson

Supposed to be hot here by MN standards. I am hanging out by the kiddos pool and may even get in it with them!

07/02/2010 06:19 AM
Moonbaby
Moonbaby  

It's going to be a beautiful humid free holiday weekend here in Tennessee. Like Rick, I plan to do some house projects and also ride my new pink cruiser bike I got last night! Biked alot last week while on vacation and am now addicted. I hope everyone has a nice safe fourth--

07/02/2010 08:07 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm taking my son and ex-wife to a local fair, so I'll get to spend the holiday very nicely. It would be better if my daughter were here, as well, but she's out camping with her grandfather. At least I have half of my joy in life.

07/02/2010 08:47 AM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

I'm riding at midnight with my dad, his gf, and their daughter (6 yrs old, she's a sweet heart for now) back to FL from NC and midnight of the 4th heading back. That way we can spend the weekend with the rest of the family---the 4th is my grandmothers (dads side) birthday.

07/02/2010 09:36 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm glad you are getting so much done! I really think you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work. I am going to my sister's for a bbq. It should be a fun time. Have a safe and fun 4th of July. Stay strong. Hugs

07/03/2010 02:05 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I picked up the wood for the retaining wall yesterday, and got a good portion of it done yesterday. Its looking good for having the top pond built by the end of the day today Laughing yay. I miss the sound of the waterfall in my back yard, its a very soothing sound.

07/03/2010 07:45 AM
SteffieY
SteffieY  

My in-laws are up for the weekend. And my sister is coming from Arizona for the week. So it will be an interesting weekend! I am a little anxious just because of all the activity. I have a lot of social anxiety. But it will be nice to see everyone.

07/03/2010 10:04 AM
beautifulmind
beautifulmind  

I'm spending the fourth with my hubby and kids and inlaws eating good food, relaxing, and watching fireworks. I look forward to just spending time with the kids. They always love the attention and I'm sure they will enjoy the festivities. Hope everyone has fun!

07/05/2010 01:35 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi all,

I have accomplished the building the lower pond, and I'll install the liner in the upper pond & waterfalls today. The waterfalls are going to be the most difficult part of the construction. I never did this before so its a big learning experience. I love this kind of work because it challenges my creativity. I could have went with preformed ponds but that really doesn't do much for the creative soul Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved