MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2010 04:52 PM

offical diagnosis

djs

well today i fially got an officail diagnosis. it has taken a year. they tried several meds. nothing seemed to help. yes it is bp2. but i kind of feel like i just got sucker punched. i knew it was a possibility but today reality sets in for me. and all the acuzations and the name calling now cant be denied. All the things that have been said my ex can now say "well your...." and be correct on it. it sucks! I know i am in the edge of a downward spiral. I can see it coming and I have to skirt it I have to fight it. What do some of you all use to keep from going down this rocky pot hole ridden hell of a trip?

03/24/2010 06:22 PM
EvilElle
EvilElle  

I wish I could identify more with you and help you out of this by my own experience. Personally, I found the diagnosis relieving. I knew there was something wrong with me. I was very frustrated by my inability to manage it. Finally having a name to go with the problem and to know that SOMETHING could be done about it felt like a weight was lifted. I suppose that's the best advice I can give you. At least take a little solace in knowing that it will get better now because you'll have the help you need to feel better.

03/24/2010 06:37 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I was exactly like Elle. It was a relief to have a name to go with the pain and I could be treated properly by a wonderful pdoc. Change doesn't happen overnight it takes alot of time and patience and trial and error with meds but it's worth it in the end. I wish you the best! Keep posting we are here, you are not alone. Wink

03/25/2010 05:43 AM
RadioGuy
RadioGuy  

DJS, I was like you, I felt like I was blindsided. I thought I was being seen for depression and then my therapist casually mentioned one day that I was bipolar. WHAT!!?? I did not see it coming. I had no previous experience with mental illness and did not know that depression and Bipolar disorder was in my family. (a fact my parents never told me about)

With time and relfection on my side now I see some of my past actions in a different light. Pieces of the puzzle have formed.

Acceptance, for me, took years of therapy and education. It is a rough road for some and relief for others. Your trip may be difficult but with time you can come to terms with the diagnosis and learn to thrive.

Best of Luck,

RadioGuy

03/26/2010 11:36 AM
djs

thanks gang. I have been being treated for depression for over 10 years on and off. usually spring is the worst for me. I know what is coming i can see it. but i sure dont want to. i do have an aptment coming soon, they will prolly put me back on meds again..... but it is nice to know i am not alone even though it feels that way at times

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved