MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2010 10:30 PM

more medican?

Godsavedthisone

The doctor told me I could stop taken Celixa, gave it about three weeks, and it was making me an emotional wreck! I was getting depressed again, and I knew I had to do something!I go back to the doctor April 1st and discuss a different alternitive. I don't know, I asked if we could try something to help with the "paranoia" and she put me on celixa. I don't even know if it is even worth it, I have got too much going on right now to not be emotionally stable (school, husband, work). And it might not even be what she thinks it is, she thinks it is PDSS I think its from the meds or being bipolar, my councler thinks its from the meds, I don't know but I know its annoying. what do yall think?

03/10/2010 05:17 PM
infiniti
infiniti  

First, what is PDSS?

Celexa doesn't work for everyone, and sometimes it takes trial and error to get the right mix of meds right for your disorder. It's probably best to wait until your next appt, discuss another medication and go from there.

03/10/2010 06:55 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

There is a such thing as Postpartum Distress Syndrome? Maybe the extra S was a typo I have never heard of PDSS myself...I could be wrong though.

Godsavedthisone, I hope you start feeling better soon! Has your pdoc adjusted your other meds at all to see if they needed any tweaking? Have you had your blood done lately and are you in the therapeutic range with the Lithium? Keep us updated on how you are doing, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Stacey Wink

03/13/2010 01:17 AM
Godsavedthisone

Sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking it is, PTSD. I don't think I want anymore meds! this Celixa has got my mood all messted up! anyone heard of Aggiteted deppression? I swear if I didn'y have a coniouss I would have done something stupid!!! I AM NOT LIKE THIS!!! And I don't want to risk beingl ike this because of stupid medicine. I might of been afraid to walk around the corner, or open up the door, but I rather deal with that for the rest of my life instead of feeling like I have for five min! I just want to scream and kick and puch and break stuff! It is doing all I can to stay calm, every second that passes my. I cant work right now, talk to my husband, nothing. I am keeping myself locked up in the room with no communication with anyone until it passes. Im not takinganymore mecation, except the ones I am on now.

03/13/2010 01:49 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know it's frustrating. Getting the right combination of meds can be tricky to say the least. However, once you find the right combo, it'll be a huge relief.

You're on 2 mood stabilizers, and the lithium I believe also has some benefits in the antiD department, but with bpII being more prone to the depression, I would think it should be wise to find the right one in order to help fully stabilize you.

I hope things work out well for you.

Patrick

03/13/2010 07:02 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Patrick is correct, Lithium is a Mood Stabilizer that is also an anti depressant as well as an anti psychotic. I take it alone with no other meds for Bipolar Disorder and have been completely stable thankfully for over 11 months. Good Luck! Wink

03/14/2010 08:05 AM
home96
home96  

Celexa and lithium took the edge off, but I had to add risperidone to get evened out. I can feel my brain wanting to take me down today, but I'm still functioning and feel I could pull out of this if I found the right key. That's a big change from a couple weeks ago when I was on just risperidone and celexa.

I agree that finding the right meds is a pain in the arse. I sometimes feel like a walking pharmacy, though I'm only on three.

And yet, I still want an emergency medication for when it's still not perfect.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved