MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/07/2008 11:17 AM

Joint pain

elf21379
elf21379  

This is gonna sound weird, but I've recently been experiencing joint pain and stiffness in my hands. The middle knuckle on my left forefinger is swollen and very sore, and the other joints are just mildly sore and generally stiff. Has anyone here experienced this as a side effect of their medication? I'm on Seroquel, Wellbutrin and Klonopin, myself. I'm only 29 so I feel like I'm too young to be getting arthritis.

09/01/2009 08:48 AM
DanniGirl

This my be a little late in reply - I get sever pain in my fingers more often my right hand pain and stiffing almost to the point I cant use it, and I drive a standard... My psychiatrist once asked me if I got said pain odd question but answered yes and he left it at that. I had this pain before going on med, but it started around the same time as onset of BP symptoms. Ive been trying to find an explanation. Im on Lamotragine by the way.

Hope this helps

Danni

09/01/2009 12:49 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have alot of joint and muscle pain but I do suffer from Fibromyalgia. I am not a dr so I cant explain why you would feel that way or if your meds have that side effect. You should ask your pdoc about the meds or even maybe see a Rheumatologist for an evaluation on the pain. Best of Luck Stacey

09/01/2009 02:01 PM
Begonia

Have you gone to Google and checked out the symptoms of arthritis? I have heard that people fairly young do get arthritis.

Begonia

09/01/2009 02:02 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes very true I am only 31 and have had it for years. As I said a rheumatologist would be best to see its their field of expertise. Smile

09/01/2009 03:25 PM
DanniGirl

I'm only 26 and have had this pain for about 2-3 years.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved