06/21/2008 12:51 PM

Can anyone help?

amandalemons

srgfsdsd

Post edited by: amandalemons, at: 02/13/2009 12:09

06/21/2008 01:09 PM
AJJMH
AJJMH  

Try getting connected with your local mental health group in the community. Call the local emergency room and as who and how to contact the local COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH. They usually work on a sliding fee scale and do presc refills also. As far as I know every large city has one.

06/21/2008 01:19 PM
amandalemons

thank you very much for your response. Sadly the cost of doing that will be far higher than what I can afford. Ill continue to work on this. Thank you again for your time.

06/21/2008 02:39 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Amanda, what AJJ said is correct, contact the local mental health, while they do offer sliding scale they also can provide medications at no charge, I lost my job back in July, and also my insurance, after getting out of the hospital, I was sent back to mental health, there I receive therapy for 2.00 a visit, doctor visits for 2.00 per visit and my medication Lamictal for free through patient assistance.

06/22/2008 06:02 PM
callme2crazy
callme2crazy  

Ok folks this is something that should be widely know in our community, you can get your meds free several ways if you are low income. The first and best way is to work through your doctor be it a family doc or pdoc. Find out the mfg of your meds and and go to their respective websites and search for the Rx assistance programs within the web site. You can download and print the forms then take them to your doctor. Pharma companies will ship up to a 90 day supply of meds to your doctors office. I have done this in years past, about 7 years ago, so I know our doctors know of these programs.

You can locate the name of your drug mfg by looking on the labels of your scrips. Usually the very last line on the label front.

06/22/2008 06:13 PM
callme2crazy
callme2crazy  

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved