MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/19/2012 11:17 AM

lexapro making things worse?

zorski
zorski  

On friday when I didn't take the lexapro in the morning I was happy as a clam. Saturday wasn't so bad, by sunday I was a mess again...I had tried to lower the lexapro to 25 mg the night before...has anyone experienced worse depression on lexapro..is there anyone out there that is surviving on lamotrigine without an antidepressant?Dizzy

11/19/2012 02:53 PM
jayna01
jayna01  
VIP Member

Is this what your doctor told you to do? You need to talk to your psychiatrist first before you do anything about not taking Lexapro or trimming it down. It is dangerous for you to be playing with your medicine by yourself. Also, we are not doctors so we really can't give you the advice you are needing. Please call your doctor so you can begin to feel better. There are a host of medicines out there that your pdoc and you can try. Good luck to you and keep us updated Smile

11/19/2012 03:05 PM
zorski
zorski  

I'll see him tomorrow..meantime I emailed him and he told me to go back down to 20 mg at night..hope I don't get more depressed..it still takes me all day to have any energy.

11/19/2012 03:10 PM
jayna01
jayna01  
VIP Member

Good for you Zorski, I'm glad you talked with him and you have a appt. tomorrowTongue

11/20/2012 12:47 PM
zorski
zorski  

Thanks for your support.

z

11/29/2012 11:11 AM
zorski
zorski  

Does anyone talk 40 mg of lexapro? Not that I would try it without talking to my pdoc first..just wondering..I know it says max is 20 mg..I guess I'll have to talk to him next week..I feel like I'm hanging on to the edge of a cliff looking down into the abyss..maybe I should have bought some powerball tickets Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved