MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/30/2008 02:55 PM

ookay... need to vent, helping calming down...

GeminiMom
GeminiMom  

Angry I know that I'm at a particularly sensitive point right now--PMSing and just started Prozac to help--but I've had a great day, been energetic and happy, etc.

Then I get home and my husband and I end up getting in an argument because, as usual, he NEVER gives me the benefit of the doubt (won't go into the long story) when it comes to planning family things and making sure his mother gets the same consideration as my family. Hell, if anything, she gets more just because she's easier to be around than my family!

ANYway, I feel like I'm in a 'roid rage or something right now. I'm pissed beyond what is probably justifiable/normal... and I don't want to let it go. Seriously, at this moment, I feel like he could leave and I'd happily slam the door behind him. But normally, he's a good guy, I know it's just the hormones and, well, me doing this. Help!

Sherry

05/30/2008 04:02 PM
lonewolf

Hi Sherry

Dont be afraid to vent I haven't been on the site for a while because I had been busy but like any of us with Bi-Polar we have those days when you really want to kick someone in the butt or hurt yourself I have been feeling that way for a few weeks so I have tried to keep busy well it hasn't help and the worse part about this is I have had to look happy for everyone else

You know what I've had enough of of peoples shit and my own so I am to venting and letting my feelings go here and as for your husband try talking to him and let him know how you feel and if he doesn't listen kick him in the butt and give him one for ......lol just kidding

05/30/2008 05:26 PM
GeminiMom
GeminiMom  

Don't people suck? I mean, people who aren't us? Seriously?

Thank you for reading my vent and replying. And it sucks that you have to look happy for everyone else--do you have any place you go to get away? Regardless, vent away--I'm listening, my friend.

Sherry

05/31/2008 03:34 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Hi, Sherry, you recognize what part of the problem is, PMSing, well incase you haven't noticed Men pms too.. People do suck, and when they are really getting on my nerves are those days that I say I hate people, it's those times I could happily eliminate 3/4 of the worlds population, I've been trying to learn when to warn Glenn that it is best for both of us, that he stay out of arms reach, as I am likely to slap the snot out of him..lol..

As for looking happy? unless your working with the public, piss on that crap, just do what I do, give them a warning your not in a happy place right now..and if they chose to cross your line, their problem if they encounter something that they don't like..

05/31/2008 03:35 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

oh, yeah, about the Men pmsing? lol, I have actually taken a Kotex, and dropped it on the bosses desk one day, and told him he needed it more than I did.. He had a serious case of pmsing that day.

05/31/2008 05:53 AM
GeminiMom
GeminiMom  

Oh, Carmen, that is hysterical re: the Kotex!!! I can't believe you did that -- you're my hero. Smile

I think Tom figured out what was going on and he lay low until I was in a better place, and then he approached me quite nicely, so that was good. I think I do need to be better about telling him when I'm a little "touch and go," as it were.

But that aside, people still suck. Drivers have NO idea how lucky they are that I don't have, like, a laser gun attached to my car because I would be zapping people left and right...

Sherry

05/31/2008 04:39 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Hey Sherry, glad to hear your husband figured it out, sometimes men can be dense, as I know a few of us women can be too, I really did do the Kotex thingDevil Devil , Someone had to bring him back down to earth..Laughing Laughing most folks will hide from authority, I don't, never have, never will, if they want to fire me, so be it.. I truly don't care, while jobs might be slim pickings these days, there not impossible, and you don't have to take crap off anyone.. as my current boss is fixing to find out..Devil

Glenn is finally figuring out when it is ok to argue and when it is best to go get me a large chocolate bar..taken him long enough..Silly Silly

05/31/2008 10:59 PM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

OK girls, big problem here......I have aged past the PMS thing & I still get pissed at the world.......I must be Bipolar!!!! lololol

06/01/2008 04:04 AM
cats4me59
cats4me59  

i have found all your comments very interesting. i am also in that need to vent stage. ladies shouldn't our partners care enough to learn our moods a little (yours probably have) but i have been bipolar all my life. was honest w/this man when we met, got all kinds of i'll be here for you, i'll learn, etc, etc,. then when i'm having problems he sticks his head in the sand, or says what's wrong w/u? why you acting like that? and no he isn't blonde, just clueless, and happy to remain like that. kicking butt sounds good. i have hit him a few times in past. so i should just say, back off, right now, instead of expecting a sensitive husband to care and sit up and take notice. what planet do i come from? lollollol

06/01/2008 04:19 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Morning Cats, your right a caring, considerate partner, be they male or female should take the time and concern to learn about our illnesses, as we would for them, but reality is most won't, a lot of people still believe if they don't acknowledge it, it doesn't exist and there for will go away..

Hitting another person, is not acceptable behavior unless it is in self defense, telling him to back off and get out of your face is a good idea and only will work if they understand you mean it..lol, my hubby was warned long before we ever laid eyes on each other, (we met online) that when I said get out of my face I meant it, and that it would be the smart thing to do, and this was before my diagnosis.. I knew I had a temper, still do, although it now takes me a lot more to get riled to the point of wanting to actually reach out and smack him, which in the 8+ years we have been together has never happened, I would rather walk away..

Next time he asks what is wrong with you, look him straight in the eye and say I am bipolar and the fact that you don't know what is wrong with me is because you have not taken the time or had the consideration to learn about my illness.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved