MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2008 08:42 PM

Just wanna know..

tkt59

I don't truly know if i'm bipolar or not. I'm only 14, but a little less than a year ago I went to the therapy regularly. At first it was depression (I was into cutting, and seeing things *might have made them up*) and after I took the meds I started to get very nervous and hyper.

Soon after they put me on bipolar meds. I hated it, it seems as if all it did was make me tired, but it did make me grateful, and so i stopped. Just recently I confessed to my parents and the therepist that I hadn't been taking it. I've felt fine for about 5 months now, and was greatful for not taking it. I've been so happy, and always been trying to make myself a better person. I even got a boyfriend, and made new friends at my new school.

Lately, I've just been feeling so down, there isn't even really any reason. I don't know what it is. I'm scared because my doctor said it was typical of bipolar people to stop their meds and feel fine. I don't know if i should be back on the meds, but I haven't been sleeping well because at night I always think that there are 'ghosts' around, and it stops me from getting sleep. I don't want to tell my parents, and I don't want to be back on those meds.

From those that do have bipolar, do you think that I actually have it? And do you have any ideas of what I can do? I'm scared, I really don't want to be bipolar. I have so much that I don't want to lose, and I know I'll lose all my friends if I get really down.

03/04/2010 05:14 PM
smileyme
smileymePosts: 38

Well I'm only 14, but I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 11. I take my meds but I actually have wanted to stop taking them sometimes because I feel like people might find out. I've started to realize that it's something I can't change and just have to try and deal with it. I'm not sure if what you have is bipolar, but my meds usually help me. Hope things get better for you!Smile

03/04/2010 06:39 PM
DinoDarius
DinoDarius  

I mean, it sounds like bipolar, but it's not up to me to diagnose you with this illness. Maybe you should see your pdoc (psychiatrist) and get a better understanding about it.

As for the meds I would say I think you should continue them, they will only make you feel better, over time you'll be glad that you stuck with them. As your doctor said it is normal for bipolar people to go off meds and feel fine, then after a while it will hit you again. So stay on meds.

Depression pills usually make a bipolar symptomps worst, like make them have mania or even lower depressions. I know that's how I was when I was diagnosed as depressed before.

I hope that I helped, and I hope that I see you around here more often.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved