MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 07:02 PM

Bipolar without rage

Mollyjames97
Mollyjames97Posts: 16

Do all bipolar's have the rage and anger that I've read about? We've never had that with my daughter. She's had emotional meltdowns. Should I expect that at some point?

04/18/2012 10:03 PM
kneesa

I can't really speak for the entirety of people with bipolar but I have the anger side, it's actually one thing that led to my diagnosis. I explained to my therapist that I have what my siblings lovingly nickname the "Odd-child syndrome" The odd-numbered kids in my family [oldest, middle, and myself the youngest] seem to have a harder time dealing with anger than the other two. I don't act out my anger on others because of how my brothers acted (they argued/yelled at family, punched holes in the walls, threw things) but I turned all that anger inward which now comes out with self-injury and sometimes panic attacks. Can't say whether your daughter will suddenly develop all that rage or anger but I think it's something to be on the look out for.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved