Things that helped me stop cutting

VampiricAngel
VampiricAngel  

Therapy helped for sure

~Listening to music

~Learning to put my feelings into words and not being afraid to let them out

~Writing

~talking with friends

~Finding a reason to stop cutting (it may seem silly but I had to find a reason because for a long time I thought it was only effecting me)

~joining a group

~volunteering

~Distracting myself

These are just a few random things I can think of right now. It took me 6 years to stop hurting myself but I did it. I don't even feel the need any more when things go wrong. I've learned to allow myself to cry that, that is not being weak. Finding words to describe how I feel and I was willing to face my inner demons and painful past. I worked on positive thinking and healthy ways to let it out. I also learned how to forgive myself and not be so harsh on myself. It was a painful and draining journey but it's nice to have found an end.

10/27/2008 09:44 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

I had this thing where I had to feel pain so I would cut ..I always felt like a bad person ..My therapist told me to try a rubber band on the wrist for while then when yourself from the rubber band..I have not cut it ayr now..

10/28/2008 09:23 AM
VampiricAngel
VampiricAngel  

aww good for u Smile I tried the rubber band thing they told me that when I was in the hospital. It didn't really work for me though T__T That and when I did it my friends would know what I was doing it for and get mad and try to take the rubber band away they didn't understand that it was suppose to help.

01/10/2010 10:11 AM
Misshatchet94
Misshatchet94  

thanks. this is very helpful.

i am currently trying to stop cutting and lets just

say it is not an easy tast Sad

01/11/2010 02:58 PM
VampiricAngel
VampiricAngel  

I know it isn't easy hun just keep fighting ^__^

04/04/2011 08:01 AM
rhiannonbruce

i was self harming a few months back and as sad as it is it relieved me.

half the time i didnt even reolise that i was doing it untill the pain started to kick in because when i was doing it i was acctually NUMB.

i have now stopped due to my familys sake as it put them under so much pressure and upset.

05/14/2011 03:55 AM
dttjr5

Do bp teens cut? Is that a symptom of bp? My 17yo son is bp, he used to cut, when he was 12, but that was before his bp diagnosis.

Post edited by: dttjr5, at: 05/18/2011 08:22 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved