MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/08/2008 06:40 AM

New

keke

I just found out that me son is bipolar, I am not sure how to feel or what to do to help him besides the med's he is now on. I am just confused , scared , and feel lost.

09/08/2008 06:49 AM
peach
peach  

Hi Keke! Glad you are here. I think you will find a nice community of people who are all in the same boat. I remember when I was diagnosed, I was terrified. But with some good therapy and meds, I am doing very well living with the illness. I have some bad days, sure. But through diet, exercise, therapy and medicine, I can manage. I learned a lot from a couple of books I recommend. One is The Bipolar Workbook. That would be more for your son than you. Another is Loving Someone With Bipolar Disorder. My husband finds that a very valuable resource. And finally, check out The Bipolar Survival Guide. All are really good books to have around.

Keep posting and take care of yourself. If you need to vent or something and you don't want to post, feel free to PM me. I'm always here. Peace and hugs, peach

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved