MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2008 06:40 AM

BIPOLAR RAGE--ONE SECOND AFTER THE BLAST(page 2)

norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey, Warhorse...what happened at your house??

11/03/2009 03:38 PM
beesmom

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I needed to know right now.

11/03/2009 06:46 PM
harobed
harobed  

Great post by Jim, huh?

H.

11/04/2009 05:03 AM
PinkishlyPink
PinkishlyPink  

My rage has flipped game boards, broken patio furniture to tiny pieces, thrown china at my husband causing wounds, and many other things that I am far from being proud of. Control or the loss of control I would say is the direct result of where my rage stems from. My pdoc is pushing the anti-psychotics to help control the outbursts. Crazy is as crazy does. Thanks Jim

11/24/2009 10:46 AM
buzzingmind
buzzingmind  

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I had a good cry reading it as it is exactly how I am. I have seen the fear in my kids' eyes. And you are right...the silence, the guilt that I wish I could take away everything I said. I want to be better.

11/28/2010 06:46 PM
Eureka
Eureka  

THANK YOU! I posted a thing about having violent impulses and rage like behaviors. I have thrown game controllers and pushed everything off of tables. I sometimes want to punch a person who made me angry. Someone made me feel like rage is not part of bipolar and I was giving bipolar a bad name.

02/12/2011 03:40 AM
Atchoo
Atchoo  

Hauntingly beautiful.

With rage being the crux of my problems, this brought tears to my eyes.

02/12/2011 05:18 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks for the post Jim, I can definitely relate.

02/12/2011 05:45 AM
JoeStubbs

Atchoo I am not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye as well, especially the part about the children. What a powerful message I can not thank you enough for bringing it to the front of our group for me to see. Jim if you get this thank you for all the thought and time you put into this post I am now on my way to reading every link. You spelling out clearly the emotion behind the rage makes me hopeful I can do an even better job of controlling mine.

02/12/2011 06:00 AM
CagedButterfly83

Jim thanks for the post...I definitly can relate. It's been almost a year since I had a physical lash out, but its always in the back of my mind that it will come back. So thank you for this beautiful and informative post.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved