MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/03/2012 11:32 AM

Epilim?

Persephone20

Hello

Is anyone on Epilim as a mood stabilizer? If so, please fill me in on a few things. I have this nauseas feeling a lot of the time, sometimes worse than others. How long til the dose is what it should be? I have been on 3 weeks, wondering if any of you have been on this and then had dose increased? I can feel it working but think I could go up more. Of course that will be pdocs decision. I'm on 500 mg, as well as my other meds.

Did anyway have any weird side effects? Besides nausea, I have felt tired, as well as just randomly bumping into things or not being able to say the thing you are thinking. Like you forget the name of the thing lol.

Hope you are all doing ok

Persephone

03/03/2012 11:35 AM
bob333
bob333  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Im on epilim for seizures not bipolar,for the mood tho i didnt think it was tht gr8 but 4 the seizures fantastic. I remember it taking a few months to get to the dose tht wud prevent me from having seizure so im assuming itll b about the same time for the moods. I felt really sick n lost balance alot of the time the first few weeks of taking it, but they eased of. I wud personally say giv it a month n if its still not working speak to ur pdoc

03/03/2012 05:04 PM
Persephone20

Thanks Bob. Are you taking Epilim and pregnant? I came off lamicital to fall preggers but that did not work out too well. Here I am on Epilim now. I know it's kinda personal, but did you take Epilim while trying to have baby and fall preggers? I am worried about it. Would love to fall pregnant, but am on soooooo many meds!

03/03/2012 05:15 PM
bob333
bob333  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

No i came off it along with all my other meds wen i found out i was pregnant, i was only about 2weeks pregnant at the time. But yeh i conceived whilst on it, i was also on olanzapine, lithium, temazepam n i think 2 other drugs. i was overdosing on alot of meds as well as paracetamol at the time so in my case medication didnt seem to matter. I was told tho tht because of my eating disorder i wud not beable to get pregnant because of it messing up my menstrual cycle but baby obviously wanted to b conceived. Hav u n ur partner had ur fertility checked? As u r well aware some ppl get pregnant quickly n other take yrs, apparently if u have ever taken birth control pills it can take years to get out of ur system, so i deno wetha that may be the case for u. Because of being told i could neva hav kids i stopped using protection 3yrs ago so in essence it took me 3yrs 2 get pregnant

03/04/2012 01:21 AM
Persephone20

Thanks Bob, I appreciate you sharing that with me. I don't know how I would do without my meds. Well, I guess I do really. Won't be pretty.

Thanks

Persephone

03/04/2012 05:38 AM
bob333
bob333  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Have u discussed trying to get pregnant with ur pdoc regarding ur meds?

03/05/2012 01:04 AM
Persephone20

Yep, that's why not long ago I came off lamicital. That was the worstif my meds. But anyways after a meltdown, as well as pdoc being on long holidays, I'm now on epilim, as well as the others. He said don't try having a baby at the moment

03/05/2012 01:22 AM
bob333
bob333  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How do u feel about tht?

03/06/2012 01:40 AM
Persephone20

Feel like shit about it really. I am lucky and have a 9 year old, but now I am married to a really nice guy, who has been there through everything lately and we could be having a couple of babies and be bringing them into a good household. It's going to be hard either way, with or without the meds. Plus, I'm walking around feeling on the verge of vomitting all day, same as morning sickness, just no baby, just epilim.

06/05/2012 07:30 AM
lillyrulz

Hi Persephone 20.

I just went to the doctors today and got subscribed this medication, just through reading these comments I remembered something she told me (if you already do this, sorry for the obvious) but she suggested if nausea was bothering me to take it at night and then the nausea would be through the night when you are asleep and isnt likely to affect you, so that might be worth a shot. Good luck with falling pregnant, I honestly never considered this type of stuff until reading this forum, about having kids and the complications associated with the treatment.

Really insighting stuff guys, its greatly appreciated.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved