MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2011 10:08 PM

seroquel how long takes in do effect

Dayko

i was increased the dose of seroquel from 25mg to 50mg and just i do not feel many changes i just am wondering how long takes in work and do effect seroquel.

best regards

Francisco

03/14/2011 10:38 PM
Bipolarman1
Bipolarman1  

first time for me 25mg i was out like a light it kick in in 4 days now i am on 900mg i been on it for a half a year and it stop working .. now i am feeling like am back ware i started manic depress . i hope it works out for you good luck .

03/18/2011 12:31 PM
Wyndrake
Wyndrake  

Last time I was in the hospital I was admitted on a friday night...therefore I couldn't see a doctor until monday morning. I was extremely manic and did not sleep until monday when the doctor started me on Seroquel. I had been on other anti-psychotics and I HATED them...haldol was the worst. They all made me feel so out of it and it was like I didn't know where I was or what was happening...

Seroquel came along, I slept peacefully and woke up with a clear head! I was amazed with the stuff - when I had a major attack in the hospital they said I looked like I was jumping out of my skin and they "had to" give me a shot - even that didn't knock me out...I heard the nurses saying "how are we going to sedate this one?". So I was in an extremely disturbed state and seroquel worked immediately...

Of course in the hospital I think they had me on very high doses. When I was released I was taking 125mg 3 times a day plus another 300mg at bedtime. Now, 5 years later, I only take 200mg at bedtime. I don't know if 25 or 50mg once a day is even theraputic? Maybe it's just not high enough dose, for me seroquel had immediate effects.

Post edited by: Wyndrake, at: 03/18/2011 12:32 PM

03/18/2011 01:04 PM
Bipolarman1
Bipolarman1  

it took me three days before it start to work on me .. i have bipolar so bad that am on 900 mg of it

03/18/2011 09:41 PM
Dayko

i think the problem to me is the depakote i am in 750MG still and before was in 1.000MG maybe have to let a chance to Lithium, do not like the idea but the ammonia level in my blood are high and am having memory problems due this high levels

03/18/2011 10:14 PM
mariel24h
mariel24hPosts: 1136

I am on seroquel 600mgs at night and 150mgs at noon...It works wonders! I am grateful to God each day for it.

03/25/2011 11:35 AM
teresastime
teresastime  

Hi, my seroquel takes about 4 to 5 weeks to kick end. And I take 450mg a day. My is suttle. I just wake up one day and feel great.Silly

03/25/2011 03:01 PM
amandafeher25
amandafeher25  
I'm an Advocate

You should feel something soon, although that is a pretty low dose... I take 1200 mg a day and I don't really feel any effect from that! But I've been on it for years! Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs

Amanda

06/09/2011 10:35 AM
suezdabomb

Hello Dayko: I was on seroquel for 2-3 years and loved it. I am very sensitive to these mediactions so no matter what I taken I have always been on very low doses. I was on 25mg of seroquel and 15mg of lexapro through those 2-3 years and felt great. I had two drawbacks to the seroquel .. I woke up extremely groggy and probably shouldn't have been driving to work and I gained over 60 pounds. It was the weight gain that made my doc switch me t ogeodon last year and I am hating it. Now my hands shake and I have no range of emotion at all. Not angry, not sad, not happy, no excitement and can't even feel sex. I hope you are giving the seroquel enough time to kick in and may you have good results from it as I did ... minus the weight gain.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved