MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2010 04:45 PM

How long does Klonopin last?

Northchild

Hi,

I've been looking all over for an answer. 2 hours? 6 hours? Just trying to space them out effectively.

Thanks!

- Mark

05/18/2010 05:54 PM
BostonTerrierLover

Well I don't take Klonopin but it is the same class of drug as adavan. They are called benzos. Everybody has a different experience. I took one at night and had trouble waking up in morning. Other people on here take up to 7 a day.

You gotta just see what your body does with it. Hang in there!

Whistling

05/18/2010 07:39 PM
bluecoop05
bluecoop05  

I take Klonopin and it isnt a "time release drug" so it doesnt last very long. but every one has different make ups which in turn results in different med effects. I take Klonopin at night to help me calm down and anytime I am going to be socializing or if I know I'm going to get into a stressful situation. It does wear off quick for me though.

05/19/2010 05:48 AM
WTF
WTF  

This is the info. i found on the box of the Klonopin sample i recieved from my doc. This is what "Roche Labs" has to say about this product. Everyone will react differently but i hope it helps.

Factual Information Obtained and Confirmed:

Roche Labs manufactures brand name Klonopin. There are several generic Klonopin (clonazepam) manufacturers.

Klonopin is a long duration benzodiazepine (minor tranquilizer) medication used primarily to treat seizures and panic attacks, but is also sometimes prescribed for anxiety disorders or as a supplimental treatment for schizophrenia.

Although Klonopin starts working within the first hour after ingestion, according to the manufacturer, it takes about 1 to 4 hours for peak concentration in the blood to be reached. And it takes about 30 to 40 hours for the system to break down 50% (half-life) of the active ingredient (clonazepam)

Klonopin is initially more potent than Valium (diazepam) but may last a shorter amount of time.

Many claim the shorter duration and greater potency cause the individual to take more pills more often, which can increase the rate of dependence.

07/22/2010 06:50 PM
proudmami01
proudmami01  

This is what my doctor told me when we were discussing xanax vs klodopins. Xanax lasts 4-5 hours whereas klodopins last 8-10 hours. Much longer. Which is why I chose to switch from Xanax to Klodopins. I don't have nearly as many anxiety/panic attacks on the klodopins as I did when I was on xanax. Hope that helps answer your question!

07/22/2010 07:52 PM
ladyrb
ladyrb  

I took Klonopin it is very addictive once you start taking it, I would take .5mg at first and I would be fine all night and sleep through have the morning if I could. Then 5mg was not enough so I started taking 1mg at night and I would sleep better and through all morning. Then I started taking up to 4mg and I would sleep all the time, so be careful and just take it as your dr told you. To me 5mg had me working fine for awhile all nite.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved