MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/26/2008 02:48 AM

Anyone Awake, April 26th, no topic discussion

carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Silly It's Saturday, how is everyong this AM? Me? still sleepy but woke up anyway.. Coffee is finishing up and I can hear the tea pot starting to bubble..

Let's see, Norma is off fishing, what are the rest of you up too, I'm probably just going to sit around today, supposedly my brother is going to call again and the work we should have done last weekend, is to get done this weekend, but i don't know that i am going to go today, not feeling hot so might just bow out and send someone else..

--- The discussion has been locked ---

04/26/2008 03:04 AM
redrose

Good morning Carmen

Looks like we have rain today. Hope that it isn't like this all day.

Taking grandson to see his mom today. This just feels so weird because I can't visit. I have to drive to a city that I am not familiar with and drop him off. Taking son with me so we can do lunch while they have their visit. Wow, the cost of gas is going to kill us. 3.69 a gal. That must be why I don't do alot of running, would go broke......

Hope that you get to feeling better. A day to just sit around and rest sounds like it might be what the doc has ordered....

04/26/2008 03:34 AM
DreamChaser
DreamChaser  

Good morning!

Carmen, I hope you are doing better.

I have a very exciting day planned. We are going to bathe the dogs! Now, now, don't envy me Tongue

But, first breakfast. What is everyone having today? I can't decide what I want this am...except lots of coffee.Smile

DC

04/26/2008 03:40 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Rose, glad you are taking the son with you, even though you can't be there for the visitation, it's good you get to spend some time with your son, enjoy the lunch, perhaps you can find a listing of all the different types of places they have in that town and try a new one each time you go..

DC? bathing the dogs? I'm jealous, rofl... NOT.. have done that several times and end up wearing and mopping up more water than what they get on them..

Don't know what i am having for breakfast, just had some toast and working on the first cup of coffee,

04/26/2008 04:39 AM
DreamChaser
DreamChaser  

Carmen, we have two dogs of our own and one that we are caring for while our son is in Iraq. One of them is a 13 year old chow who gets so frightened during baths that she squeals like we are beating her. Our other dog is a one year old german sheppard mix who gets so excited that you can barely contain her. Our son's dog is a lab/collie mix and is the size of a small horse. I fully expect to be dragged across the yard in my tummy, jumped all over and licked from head to toe. Ahhh, good times. W00t

04/26/2008 04:48 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

rofl.. we had a dog like that, Kimo, about as dumb as a rock, but the most loveable little horse you could have ... maybe the sink would help the little one, feel more at ease.. I love pets, they are great for the soul.. can't have them here as that is the rule of the park, but some folks do have them, so we have kinda adopted the cats, our cats use to love the scraps we would give them, like the fat off of steaks and stuff, they loved potato chips too.

how soon does your son get to come home for good? next time you see him, give him a great big hug for me for all he does for us here in the states.

04/26/2008 04:59 AM
DreamChaser
DreamChaser  

LOL Carmen, my "little" dog is knee height and weighs close to 40 pounds. She is a wonderful dog that we absolutely adore. We rescued her when she was just a pup. She was very badly abused so she is terrified of just about anything. I really love pets, too. Our dogs have pulled me through some really tough times.

He does not get to come home for, well what passes for good in the army, until next February.Sad This is an inexplicably long deployment, 15 months.

04/26/2008 05:12 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

Good morning, everyone! I don't have too many plans today except my usual weekend - straightening the house, getting caught up with everyone here, and either a walk or stationary bike ride, depending on the weather.

Dog washing - that's when having a yorkie comes in handy - I can wash him really quick because he's so little, lol. (Of course the brushing out takes a while).

DC, it must be so hard living with the stress of having your son away. Giant hugs to you!

Carmen, how have you been?

Smile

04/26/2008 05:13 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

at 40 pounds that does leave out the sink as a option, lol... how long have you had her? it's sad and sick that someone would do that to a animal, would love to just beat the living snot out of them.

I am with you, that length of deployment stinks, one of my customers the other day was telling me that his son will be over there for 15 months too..

04/26/2008 05:28 AM
DreamChaser
DreamChaser  

Good morning Terri! Your day sounds much better than mine. Want to trade? Smile The stress is just unreal. I have had to make several med adjustments to cope the past few months. He is career military so this is his 3rd deployment in 5 years. For some reason, this time seems worse to me. Maybe it is just that the duration is so very long. *hugs* back to you, and thank you.

Carmen - Her name is China, and we have had her for about 13 years. She has always been just great. She was very easy to train, and is very loving with people she trusts. She was only 10 weeks old when we got her. To abuse any animal, is just unbelievable cruel, especially just a little puppy. I could very easily support making it a criminal offense.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved