MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/18/2009 03:11 AM

Anyone Awake, Thursday June 18

niecy440

Good morning everyone. I'm up early this morning and thought I would open the chat. Come on in and have some coffee.
--- The discussion has been locked ---

06/18/2009 03:17 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I'm also up early. Woke at 4:45 and couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I seem to be rising earlier and earlier and going to bed later and later.

I'm dragging right now and I've got a pdoc appointment at 8:00 and my son and DIL are taking me to see "Angels and Demons" at 12:30. Hope I don't fall asleep at the movies!

06/18/2009 03:20 AM
niecy440

I know I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep either. The movies sound good, haven't been in quite awhile. Let me know how the movie is, I would like to see it too.

06/18/2009 03:23 AM
niecy440

I'm going with a friend today to pick out a puppy. I'm so jealous i would like a puppy too. I asked my husband and all he could say was " I want a lot of things too" so i guess that meant no. They do cost $200 they are called puggles.

06/18/2009 03:29 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I haven't been to the movies in forever either. I'm sure the last two or three times I've gone I've seen cartoons.

I don't know what's going on with my sleep. I'll ask pdoc today.

As far as the dog thing goes, we tried a few different breeds but none worked. This was in part the fact that my husband insisted on BIG, MANLEY dogs that were hard to train and strong enough to drag me down the street.

Second is, truthfully I'm too lazy to take care of a dog they way he deserves. I got small lizards about a month ago. I can't handle them, but just watching them and talking to them is soothing to me. I know lizards are really a "pet", but I really like caring for them.

Post edited by: debiski, at: 06/18/2009 03:30 AM

06/18/2009 03:33 AM
niecy440

Do you take medicine for sleep? I take trazodone and it really puts me to sleep, but i have a problem with waking up alot in the middle of the night. Especially when I go to bed mad like last night. If i'm the least little bit stressed I will not be able to stay asleep.

06/18/2009 03:38 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I take both Xanax and Klonopin at bed. My trouble lately is that I've been having to take them later than normal just so I can stay up long enough for my food digests to combat the GERD.

In spite of the fact that I'm going to be MUCH later than usual, I still wake once over night for a trip to the bathroom and then am up for good around 5:30.

At first I blamed it on "habit" since I had been so used to getting my son up for school for so many years and now he's gone. But this is beyond that. I'm not really sure WHAT this is.

06/18/2009 03:49 AM
niecy440

I wonder if you should try the trazodone. There is a lot of people who take it here. It really is good for sleep. I'm on 150mg. But i took 50mg for years before having to go up on it. I used to have insomnia really bad. I would just lie there awake while everyone else was asleep. I could hear everything and everything kept me awake. I wouldn't sleep for days at a time. It's no wonder i was moody and had mood swings, i was exhausted.

Definitely talk to your pdoc about the sleeping problem.

06/18/2009 03:52 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I've been on Trazadone before but can't remember why I got off of it. I'll have pdoc look it up. My sleep patterns are becoming more and more irratic and I know it's playing games with my head.

06/18/2009 03:54 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

The stress-factor is what gets me up so early I guess. I always used to get up and get my son off to school and then collapse back in bed for a few hours.

Now I wake at 5:00am and instantly start analyzing the prior day and worry about the present one. Hubby and I have been having some problems and I think that's weighing heavy on my mind. I'm just mentally exhausted right now.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved