MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2009 02:52 AM

Anyone Awake? 3/20/09

carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Smile Good Friday Morning everyone, how are you? been a couple of days since I have been on, been a very long week, and a stressful one, have had Glenn in the hospital since Weds eveningSad , serious bladder infection that I believe was brought to a head over his prostate biopsy, came home to find him huddled up in bed, buried under the covers shivering and shaking, freezing to death although the house felt like it was 110. we got him to the ER with a 102 fever, they were going to let him come home Weds evening, but his blood pressure dropped out, was something like 60/40. It's still been bouncing and his fever is doing it as well.

Their slamming him with antibiotic's, and pumping him full of fluids. He's in CCU at the moment, this of course has meant very little in the way of sleep for me, Weds/Thurs managed to get 3 hours out of 24, and Thurs/Fri managed to get 5 before Glenn called me at 330 to tell me he could not sleep, bring him his sleeping pills..LaughingLaughing He seems to forget that he has done nothing but sleep since they took him to his room in CCU at 2AM Thursday morning.

So I've been awake now since 330, looking at being at the hospital so I can catch the doctor at 7ish. find out what is going on, why it happened in the first place and what kinda care he is going to need when he comes home. Thinking about taking Family Medical leave for at least a week, so that I can make sure he is well on his way to healing. Will hurt a little in the wallet, but with his SDI coming in, we won't be in a major crisis..not to mention the fact that family comes first above everything else but God.

My Mother has been a PITA again, called her yesterday to talk about what was going on with my husband, and all she was concerned with was the dog from across the street eating her cat food, her phone handset was beeping cause she left it off the charger, and her back was aching. It was like "Helllooo" I am stressed and upset about my husband, and you are F'ing worried about your cat food? sometimes I have to seriously wonder about how peoples minds work, at least my mothers.

Anyway, will keep you posted as to what is going on, those who believe in God, send up a prayer for me that he comes home soon and is healed.

Hugs

Carmen

--- The discussion has been locked ---

03/20/2009 02:55 AM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

Carmen - 1st - you're too strong - how do you do it? When's Carmen time starting???? 2nd - I love you 3rd - please pm or email me asap.... PLEASE... <3

03/20/2009 02:59 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Hi, Kimmie, good morning dear one.

1st: Carmen isn't that strong, she's had to deal for so long with so little that she just does. Glenn told me yesterday to take care of myself, that I would be of no use to anyone if I didn't, well that doesn't work, I fall apart after the fact, when no one else is in crisis. What is Carmen time? sounds like some concept out of a science fiction novel.

2: I love you too.

3: PM on it's way.

03/20/2009 03:02 AM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

OMG OMG holy shit. I just went back and re-read the first two paragraphs... (truthfully, i wanted to tell you to contact me so bad that I skimmed through and only caught the tail end - mothers - you know...)

holy shit carmen i am so sorry for being so blase... WHATS UP WITH THE FLUCTUATING BLOOD PRESSURE? What do the docs have to say?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let him know that i'm sending all my love and he knows I dont pray but im sure he also knows that i'll give up every ounce of joy I can muster in order to send him the most positive energy and vibes from my heart and soul...

and like i said, there goes momma carmen to take care of EVERYTHING so I'm sure that he's getting absolutely everything he needs right now and IM DOUBLE SURE that the docs aren't getting away with avoiding questions from THIS PATIENTS WIFE... LOL

I love you both and will be thinking of you...

03/20/2009 03:10 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

lol, not to worry my dear, I figured something was up for you to need me to contact you, I don't know what is up with the blood pressure, but trust in the fact that I will find out, this is something that keeps happening to him, has since he was a kid, his body gets over taxed and out he goes, happened twice when he had his knee replaced, almost like his body has to reboot. He'll go out and then he is fine.

The skinny little chick who might have weighed 50 soaking wet with combat boots on, who wanted to get him out of bed about 5 hours after his knee surgery was told flat out no, she wasn't moving him without to two orderlies that could bench press 300 pounds.

Yes, he is getting everything he needs plus, and your right, the doctor will not be allowed to skip questions, and not give direct full information.

Anyway, I am watching the clock, pm has been sent and I have to be out of here in about 20 to 30 minutes in the hope of catching the doctor, Glenn is still suffering from selective memory.

03/20/2009 03:14 AM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

i still really need to you contact me though lady....

03/20/2009 03:15 AM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

and GLENN????????? SELECTIVE MEMORY??????????? NAHHHHHH. That cant POSSIBLY be true..... W00t W00t

03/20/2009 03:19 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing, you know if is true, as sure as the sky is blue most of the time. Check your pm's dear, I have contacted you..lol..

03/20/2009 04:09 AM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

lol - yes you have... far be it from me to actually CHECK the email before i bitch that i havent gotten your reply. LOL LOL

wow - i needed to laugh for a sec... OKAY so we have a date later today then... WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME (and im stressing that be-atch - i'll say it again WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME) let me know youre here, and we'll figure that problem out together, ok?

Love you.

03/20/2009 05:09 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I see both of you guys have logged off. Carmen sorry to hear about Glenn...please tell him I hope he feels better soon.

Hey there, Kimmi!!! {{{HUGGG}}}

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved