MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2009 06:45 AM

Anyone Awake 3/8/09(page 3)

debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I was just talking about how I'd love to move to Arizona to my husband and step-son yesterday at dinner. Of course my husband would NEVER move or leave his job (of 20 years) so he was quick to point out the spiders and scorpians and snakes in AZ.

Made me think twice, but I still HATE Wisconsin!

--- The discussion has been locked ---

03/08/2009 06:48 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

Neon, you're not very far from me so I suspect we share a lot of the same weather daily. I just can't take any more winter and even feel anxious just THINKING about next winter already.

I hate the cold so much, but there's nothing I can do about it but be miserable and anxious for 6 months out of every year.

03/08/2009 06:48 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Deb,

As long as the weather is nice, I'm willing to put up with snakes and spiders. LOL! I hate Wisconsin winters because it's either one extreme or another. It would be nice if we could have spring and autumn year round. If that were the case, I'd love it here. As for your husband, I can understand why he doesn't want to move, but it would still be nice. Living in Wisconsin can be a real drag 8 months out of the year.

03/08/2009 06:50 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Deb,

That's true. I don't mind temperatures when they're in the 30s with light winds. What I don't like are extremely cold temperatures or excessively windy conditions.

03/08/2009 06:55 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

Oooooh! I love Spring and Fall. I wonder if such a place exists that only has those two seasons??

03/08/2009 07:00 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Deb,

I'm guessing that some climates in the south may have temperatures that equate to what we experience in the spring and autumn.

03/08/2009 07:09 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

<sigh> Just reached my hour limit and had to turn off the therapy light. I'm really not feeling any long-term effects from it (yet), but that really bright light beaming right on my face feels good when it's happening. It's kind of like an hour of "peace" for me. Sure hope I see some permanent help from it in the future.

03/08/2009 07:11 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Deb,

At least it helps improve your mood a little which is good. I'm thinking about trying it myself. Right now there is nothing else I can do. I would turn on the lamps in my apartment to make it look brighter, but I'm totally blind, so it wouldn't make a difference.

03/08/2009 07:32 AM
estommel
estommelPosts: 3

Wow, thanks for the replies

Real quick, though, how do I stop receiving notifications of posts to my email account? Am pretty sure it's my own fault since I think I chose it when I subscribed, my email is getting hammered!

Thank you Smile

Eric

Post edited by: estommel, at: 03/08/2009 07:33

03/08/2009 07:33 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

Sorry, was catching up on my moodtracker.com writing for the day.

I understand that the therapy light is supposed to be absorbed by the eyes and lift one's spirits. I read yesterday that it takes 2-4 weeks (sometimes longer) to feel the full effects of the light if it's going to work for you. I guess after 30 years I can wait another month.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved