MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2009 01:18 AM

Anyone Awake 3/8/09

carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Dizzy Good Morning my friends, did everyone spring forward last night? wondering if my Brother did, probably not though.

It was a absolutely fabulous day yesterday, sunny, warm and relaxing, made my cheesecake, got teased about making it at 4AM..lol..but it was well worth it, turned out great, my brother never made his, the rat, was suppose to be cheesecake wars and you can't have a war if the other party doesn't fight Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, today is back to work for me, starts the new week, Friday my next day off is going to be spent going to Columbia again, but at least this time, we don't have to get out of bed at 3AM..

So how did all of you spend your Saturday? I cleared out some boxes, went yardsaling, and just kicked back in the yard for a while.

--- The discussion has been locked ---

03/08/2009 03:32 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

hmm, looks like you are all sleepy heads again, getting time for me to go drag the dog out of bed, and put her butt outside, want to get her in the habit of going out early to do her thing.

03/08/2009 04:32 AM
Glenndolph
Glenndolph  

well, she's off to the salt mines... so I'll be here on and off... got a lot to do to day, living room, shed and laundry (again!)...

03/08/2009 04:56 AM
estommel
estommelPosts: 3

Good morning all,

This is my first post since joining the board.

As mentioned in my profile, I'm 9 mos post-discharge with Transverse Myelitis, an auto-immune disease of the spine. 2.5mos inpatient, 2 spinal surgeries & paralyzed (neurogenic) bladder & bowel, in a wheelchair/walker. Chronic pain syndrome.

Yesterday I achieved what was supposed to be an epic accomplishment for me after months of pt. I finished a 5k walk with my walker (1 hour, 45 minutes). Very depressed.no sense of joy during or after. Thanks bipolar.

Getting to the point, even though I'm BP type I, I've been severely depressed, have run a gamut of antidep. few if any have had any success.

So I wonder.....

1) Am I the only person, when depressed, who wishes I had stimulants (even though this makes my anxiety worse) just to move.

2) I have't tried cymbalta yet, any luck there? Also would like to know what as worked for folks who seem to be refractory to most antidepressants. And anything new - it's been 2 yrs since I needed them.

Thanks & have a great day,

Eric

ps- Is anyone here a runner? just curious..

Post edited by: estommel, at: 03/08/2009 05:04

03/08/2009 05:46 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

Good morning Eric and Glenn if you're still around. Welcome to the board Eric, you'll love it here...we give support, get support and on this thread just chit chat all day long. MDJ is a great place to be!

I am not a runner, but I have BP II and stay on the depressed side probably 95% of the time. I've also run the gammut of anti-depressants with no luck so pdoc (psychiatrist) currently has me back on Prozac (again).

Besides Prozac, I take Lamictal as a mood stabilizer and Xanax for anxiety. I also have Fibromyalgia and take Soma and Lyrica for that.

Again, welcome to the boards!

Oh, about the stimulants--I've often wished I could take them so I'm not so tired and unmotivated. I tried one (can't remember which one, it was for ADD) once but it didn't work.

Post edited by: debiski, at: 03/08/2009 05:47

03/08/2009 05:54 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

Good morning to whoever is here.

Eric, it's nice to meet you. I don't like to run - it hurts my shins - but I love to walk. I also do yoga everyday Smile

Hi, deb, if you're still around.

Yesterday was pretty nice here, too. I took my middle daughter to the mall. She doesn't usually like to shop, but decided she needed some new spring shirts. We had fun since I love to shop, lol.

Then, in the evening, we all went to a cirque du soleil show. It was totally awesome!!!!! I am still amazed.

03/08/2009 05:55 AM
Glenndolph
Glenndolph  

I'm still here... and as for stimulants... I am a recovering addict and my drug of choice was meth... it isn't worth the cost, both physically and financially... I think that part of my physical problems, knees and back, is due to it's use. not a 100% by no means, but certainly a factor.

03/08/2009 05:58 AM
Glenndolph
Glenndolph  

Morning ms T, and also Howdy to Eric... and Jenny...Tongue Tongue Cool

Post edited by: Glenndolph, at: 03/08/2009 06:00

03/08/2009 05:59 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

hi, Glenn. I've got laundry to do, too. How's it going?

03/08/2009 06:01 AM
Glenndolph
Glenndolph  

I pulled a muscle in the left side of my ribcage... ouch... and it has been nagging me for a week... I keep hurting it... Blink Sad

Post edited by: Glenndolph, at: 03/08/2009 06:14

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved