MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2012 07:14 PM

middle of the night last night.

porch52
porch52Posts: 717

I wake in the night, and the time is mine. It's as if the world is still, nothing moving, nothing breathing, ghostly, dark, a perfect fit for me.

Before falling asleep, I stress, but waking in the night is like a present.

I creep downstairs, using only the streetlights and moonlight to see my way. there's a small light in the kitchen that I use, and the whole downstairs is that "night light" colour. I can do anything, and no one will know.

What to do tonight? Go online? Read a book? Turn on the gas fireplace and slowlly rock myself in the rocking chair? Watch reruns of whatever's on? Sometimes I eat, sometimes I make tea, chammomile for darkness.

I breathe in the fresh air of the night, the windows are open. I can hear a train going through town, it seems like we're the only ones up. the hypnosis tape from earlier comes to mind and I remember my favourite quote from it:

"Where your mind goes, your energy flows"

It seems like this is the only time when my mood is level.

I head back to bed, happy that I had this hour all to myself, so relaxing. Lying back in bed, I wonder how many days before I have another calm break in the night. Sweet dreams to all.

05/19/2012 08:31 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That's nice that you enjoy your wake up in the night and it relaxes you and your mood is level. You also have it all to yourself. I'm glad you have that!

05/21/2012 07:54 AM
StickyPaws

I can relate. The middle of the night is like watching a hard snow. It's like a calm secret.

05/21/2012 08:09 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I can so relate, i wake in the middle of the night every night and drink an iced Lemonade and I too enjoy this tranquil time alone it being so quiet, i'm up for about a 1/2 hour, then i go back to sleep pretty easily.

05/21/2012 09:37 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You described it so well I felt relaxed. I'm glad you got this gift of calm time. I occasionally wake in the middle of the night and enjoy the privacy and peace too.

05/21/2012 11:51 AM
aeylania
aeylania  

Thanks for sharing this! Very beautiful.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved