MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2012 06:07 PM

Just for interest do you feel worse on a full moon

Cat349243

Just for interest,

Do you guys feel worse on a full moon? A lot of mental health professionals think people get more mental illness symptoms on full moon. I will start by saying I don't know why but I definitely do!

05/05/2012 06:19 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

I tend to feel bad on certain days of the week, related to my shedule. Right now, Friday nights are worse for me, followed by a bad Saturday (Fridays are usually good). Generally I find the second last _____ (day, week, hour, etc) is always worse than the last. Like, Thursdays have always been my least favourite day of work and I'm most tired that night.

05/05/2012 06:32 PM
MBPRLY
MBPRLYPosts: 254
I'm an Advocate

Last night it was pretty damn full and tonight it is supposed to be a "big moon". I actually enjoy being out under the clear sky sky with stars and the moon. I look up and wonder how many others are looking up at the same moon.

05/05/2012 06:36 PM
porch52
porch52Posts: 717

hmm, maybe I am affected by the full moon. I know working with kids we used to say they got a little crazier during the full moon, but I never actually paid attention.

05/08/2012 10:24 AM
lj80

we had the biggest moon of the year last week and did it ever pull hard on me. I can always tell when the moon is full but this one was pretty harsh. Alot of people would say its not true but I know what I feel.

05/08/2012 02:42 PM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't think I feel any different but my friend is a nurse in a mental hospital and she swears her patients always get more symptomatic. Who knows though? Maybe it is because the staff is believing the myth (if it is a myth) and being more sensitive to challenges?

I do know when I worked in customer service for a public bus company full moon days always seemed to be filled with wacky happenings though again, was it or were we just more sensitive to noticing?

05/08/2012 02:48 PM
PhantomSiren
PhantomSiren  

I don't know if it's always this way for me, but lately, in the last month or so, I noticed when I had some really bad depression it was a full moon or just after one.

05/08/2012 10:33 PM
TeelRain7
TeelRain7  

I almost always feel manic on full moons. I don't know why but I remember it being this way for a long time now. I just feel more alive. I remember feeling this way before I even found out I was Bipolar. So maybe it does make symptoms stronger or worse. Mine just happen to be manic...which is definitely better than being depressed.

05/08/2012 10:35 PM
TeelRain7
TeelRain7  

I also think that crazier things tend to happen on full moons...the air seems to feel more eccentric

05/09/2012 07:26 AM
StickyPaws

There's only one, sometimes two, full moons per month, but I like all the phases, even the new moon. I feel more alive when there's a full moon. I guess there might be something about strange things happening in a full moon. After all, the moon is responsible for pulling the earth's water back and forth, so why not us?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved