MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/09/2009 01:02 PM

GROUP ATTITUDE: YOUR IDEAS??

norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Cheerful What are your ideas, feelings thoughts concerning a way to build a good group attitude?

How should we handle conflicts that arise in the group?

How do we include all members in decision making?

Where to draw the line in posts?

When is it time to say STOP, I've had enough"

Cheerful Cheerful

How do we build a loving, caring, informed, honest support group?W00t

--- The discussion has been locked ---

02/09/2009 01:03 PM
MsJ
MsJ  
VIP Member

Do we have time out?

Honestly Norma, I don't know what we can do. The opinion thread I thought handled that, but if you go and put an opinion out and someone gets upset and puts something else out there, it seems like they expect to have their opinion answered. I was of the impression that you could put out an opinion and walk off. Am I wrong?

Post edited by: MsJ, at: 02/09/2009 13:06

Also the ability to delete the offensive post is kind of sneaky for the poster who is offending others. It leaves others thinking what the heck did so and so say to upset whatsit?

Post edited by: MsJ, at: 02/09/2009 13:08

02/09/2009 01:12 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I was under that impression too. But right now its rehashing the same old subject. I think people are doing a good job of supporting each other. We are all friends here and just cause we have our opinions, doesn't mean we don't like or support the person. People make mistakes. They apologize for their part in the drama, we move on. Lately it doesn't seem like the moving on part is working. Thats when it gets too much and maybe the leaders could step in and say ENOUGH. But then that would ruin the whole opinions idea. I think its working out fine. There are always going to be people that leave cause they don't like what's going on. That is our loss because whenever we lose someone we care about it hurts, but life goes on. We still have each other.

02/09/2009 01:15 PM
Ele

What if we keep the opinions thread and use it to debate OPINIONS only but forbid and delete any post that is a personal attack on any member?

02/09/2009 01:18 PM
MsJ
MsJ  
VIP Member

Yes, but I thought an opinion was an opinion and not open to debate?

02/09/2009 01:29 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Good Thread Norma. I can't wait to see the responses.

02/09/2009 01:29 PM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

I do not understand why if other members have issues with others why that they could not be dealt with in a pm . Anymore i see the opinions

thread being more likea chit chat like the any one awake thread .

02/09/2009 01:30 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

That's my problem with it too. It goes off topic and becomes a BS room. And I've said my piece about the opinions dragging on forever.

02/09/2009 01:34 PM
countrymouse
countrymouse  
VIP Member

I agree with MsJ and others.

Lately it seems that the opinions thread has been used as a battle ground rather then a "safe" place to voice one's opinion. I always thought it's purpose was for people to be able to say what they think, away from the thread that is causing them upset, not a place to be called out to for an arguement.. Of course there will be opposing opinions from time to time but they shouldn't get out of hand. We should be able to police ourselves in this, yes?

Diane makes a good point here as well. Recently the opinions thread has been used as a chat-type thread, much like the awake thread is. This may be confusing for some. It should have it's one purpose and that is it.

Post edited by: countrymouse, at: 02/09/2009 13:35

02/09/2009 01:43 PM
southern10
southern10  
VIP Member

I think if it gets too out of hand Ermm PM the member.. The Opinions thread is good to vent about a POST that someone posted in the forums and someone didnt agree take it over there,not to ATTACK the person... Everybody has a right to voice their opinion and not be Attacked for doing so.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved