MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/09/2012 07:33 AM

what does it take for you to get going in the am?

centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am almost embarrassed to say this but for me it takes chugging a pot of coffee and smoking at least 5 cigarettes before my brain is really functioning.

What do other people need to get the blood flowing to the brain?

03/09/2012 07:42 AM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

I make breakfast for my husband and pet bird every morning at around 6:45 am. When I just sit up from bed I'm still a little groggy sometimes, but as soon as I go pee that seems to propel me into starting the day. I rush to get everything ready and on the table by the time the coffee is brewed. The rush gives me a bit of an adrenaline rush.

03/09/2012 08:40 AM
soy70
soy70  

I'm also dependent on my caffeine and nicotine. But I just love my coffee and cigarettes in the morning! I also sometimes do a sudoku puzzle to try to jumpstart my brain or a crossword puzzle online. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll go to lumosity and play word bubbles. Also making a list for the day sometimes can give me energy.

03/09/2012 08:52 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

CTheBird I make breakfast for my husband, my two year old and feed my dogs before coffee but I do it all sleepwalking. It is not until that routine is done and I can have my me time that I am awake!

03/09/2012 09:06 AM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Straight to the cigarette and iced coffee. Rather, it's head for the pack of cigarettes, pour the iced coffee, give the dog a treat (she's done a perfect sit and down), say my prayers, and then head for the computer to check out MDJ and maybe have a chat.

I have to laugh, it sounds like I wake up and need some alone time and a break. And that's exactly how I feel.

03/09/2012 09:16 AM
mem2427

I would fall on the floor asleep if I didn't have my coffee. I program the pot so it is ready right away when I wake up. I enjoy the first cup while having breakfast. Then have a second while I am getting ready for the day and sometimes on the road.

03/10/2012 06:36 PM
lj80

Alarm goes off and I'm up like a bolt of lightning....grab a can of pepsi...rush to work or to get the kids ready.

I'm a morning person but ask me to work at 4pm and it's like you give me 10 extra seroquel....I'll sleep in and barely move all day and by the time I get to work I'm a walking time bomb.....

03/10/2012 06:42 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6811
Group Leader

Adderal and coffee get me going in the morning. I was never a morning person, but it's worse now that I take seroquel to sleep. I'm not complaining, because I am very grateful to be sleeping, but I am VERY slow to start in the morning.

03/10/2012 10:33 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Hmm....

Thoughts....

What does it take to get going in the morning?

Are we talking about the manic state, the depressive state, or the stable state?

Manic State: "What sleep? Who needs it?" LOL I might take a few sips of coffee but it is not very bright so I try to stay away.

Depressed State: Crawling to the kitchen... "Walk away from the coffee pot." I say that but I USUALLY only need one cup. I am trying to think of what it is like to be depressed and having a hard time. Is that a good thing? I would say um... YES!!!!

Stable State: "I will take one cup of coffee please." Hmm... "I am ready for the day."

03/12/2012 07:19 PM
Bauble
Bauble  

Since I'm taking 1 mg of klonopin to sleep I super slow in the am until after im ready And I've had a little adderall and caffeine.

Although, even when I didn't take klonopin it was hard for me to 'come to' in the am... The vivid dreams get me in such a deep slee it takes awhile to get going. I really wish I could get up right away with energy!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved