MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2011 07:24 PM

What Ya Goin' To Do on New Year's Eve?

jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3163

Well we are heading into a new year soon. Years are going too fast.

Okay what am I going to do on New Year's Eve?

Lucky for me I have this great friend of about 25 years now. He is comming back from the North Coast where he spent Christmas with his parents.

And we are going out to a great Nepalise resturant for a meal. If you ever get the chance to try Nepalise cooking do so. It is great.

Ah, then he will bring me home, and I will watch the fire works. We have a kids one at 9pm (will not be back for that) and the adults at 12:00mn. We have a great fireworks display as they use the harbour bridge as well as barges and buildings.

Then he goes off the next day, south west from here (jolly hot and try) to go hang gliding for the next two weeks will miss him.

While on NY's eve fireworks, I often wonder why the bay is not used in NY for fireworks (can use barges). Does anyone know.

Happy New Year Smile Smile Smile

12/29/2011 08:05 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

My boyfriend and I are recovering alcoholics. So we will stay at home, watch DVDs and toast the New Year in with Martinelli's non-alcoholic beverage! My real agenda for staying home is to stay off the road because I want to stay away from the drunk drivers.

12/29/2011 08:54 PM
jennywren

Yeap Sarahtroy. The drunk drivers are a great problem. We do not have too many of those in Sydney. There is good public transport laid on. And of course a good few particularly backpackers sleep on the beaches.

Our problem lies with the young ones, there are ambluances, police all on stand by the look after them. We have far too many young ones who over indulge. The females are very bad.

Nothing wrong with watching videos. I veg out with them. And I say thankheavens for them!!

Do hope that you and your guy have a wonderful 2012.

Jennywren

12/30/2011 07:08 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Fireworks for New Year's Eve! Fun!

Watching DVDS with the boyfriend sounds romantic.

I am going to my sisters for a role playing game called Evil something or other. All I know about it is that it is going to cover her whole table with expansion packs and take 5 hours to play.

Post edited by: centerseeker, at: 12/30/2011 07:08 AM

12/30/2011 03:51 PM
jennywren

Gee Centerseeker - take 5 hours to play - I doubt if I would have the patience for that. Plus am a VERY sore loser. Smile So avoid games of any sort.

Jennywren

12/30/2011 04:03 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am going to my mother's house on NYE. We may grab something to eat, then go home and watch the celebrations on TV. I look forward to some alone time with my mom. She is always busy holidays cooking. I don't know how much longer I will have her.

12/31/2011 01:38 PM
lj80

I was looking forward to a close night with the fiance but she decided to pick the biggest fight of a long time and now I'm not sure what to do....I was pretty sure something was going on. Tonight I find out that I'll be ringing in the new year a single person.....

Have a happy new year everyone.....hope yours is better than mine.

12/31/2011 03:27 PM
jennywren

Hey that is no good lj80. While any time of the year is not good for a breakup, but New Year seems to be worse. I guess an easy day to remember.

Bet you find yourself a great new fiance (wife) this year.

Jennywren

12/31/2011 04:10 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I'm staying home. Looking forward to 2012. Hopefully no hospilations this year. Not planning on messing with the meds, so that's good.

Tonight we are taking in. Eating pizza and drinking wine. Already drunk and ruffed.

12/31/2011 04:17 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

As you can tell by the post! Lol

I dont like autocorrect!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved