MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/22/2008 03:22 PM

What is your favorite movie?(page 5)

piedlourd
cirquepourvousPosts: 1710

my faves the sprin quickly to mind are - Al Gore's film on climate change (i work in that area and he really knows what he's talking and avoids exagerration) i didn't think gore cound be that interesting. no country for old. i'm watching for josh brolin now. the sands of iwojima (the other side of the flags movie by eastwood), redacted by depalma, away from her, the black and white film clooney did about edward r murray, and leaving las vegas.

12/22/2008 04:01 PM
Flaco73
Flaco73  

I liked Pi. I'm looking forward to seeing a new movie by the same director, called "The Wrestler," but I can't bring myself to see a really sad movie, until after the holidays. Mickey Rourke is supposed to have given a "career performance," in it. The Bruce Springsteen title theme, is very touching.

I'm mostly fond of really dumb fare like Dodgeball, and Airplane.

12/22/2008 04:32 PM
piedlourd
cirquepourvousPosts: 1710

mickey rourke is has been creepy for a long time but i thought he had a couple of movies in the late 80s that were great.

I'm looking forward to the wrestler as well. anything i read about it, rourke is excellent. flaco you might be interested in this article.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/tiff-review-the-wrestler/

12/22/2008 07:25 PM
karmapolice
karmapolicePosts: 83

I love Fight Club. I know every line to that movie!

Also the Dark Knight

Rear Window

The Man Who Laughs

and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Just to name a few.

12/22/2008 08:43 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

Exorcist,Psycho,and,Phantazm

12/22/2008 11:06 PM
jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3162

Ah, I use my "dummy" movies as I call them when I feel down. As follows:

The Man in the Iron Mask

Star Trek (the one where they go back to the 20th centuary and bring back two whales)

and then Glaxey Quest. I love the Thermeans(sp)

I think that Iron Man maybe added to the list.

JennyWren

03/25/2009 06:54 AM
INDIANPRINESS34
INDIANPRINESS34  

mine favorite is action, horror,comedy.

03/25/2009 07:01 AM
niecy440

Comedy such as all of Ben Stillers movies. Something about Mary, Meet the parents, dodgeball etc. I love him he really makes me laugh so does Jim Carey. I love silly comedies. Girly movies like Fried Green Tomatoes and steel magnolias. Action flicks can make me feel depressed or anxious.

03/25/2009 07:06 AM
percussion62
percussion62  

I loved "Cadillac Records" and "The family the preys" (Kathy Bates still has it going on!!!)

03/25/2009 07:43 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It is a two way tie: Casablanca and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved