MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/16/2008 07:09 AM

Anyone awake, November 16th(page 5)

countrymouse
countrymouse  
VIP Member

Morning Everyone! I guess I fit in with the majority, I understand the tradition of hunting, and even the necessity of it in some areas but you could never get me out there in a million years. I am vegetarian too, but take a break from that lifestyle with an organic farm raised turkey on Thanksgiving...so go figure, I guess we all have our limits lol
--- The discussion has been locked ---

11/16/2008 07:10 AM
CherrieAngel
CherrieAngel  

Hey there norma and trishy!! Thank you for the warm welcome Smile I dont get out much during the day after the kiddies are shipped off to school so it'll be nice to talk with other adults for a bit!!

I used to be really good at shooting a bow! I learned how when i was a kid and won some competition too Smile

11/16/2008 07:13 AM
zinnia
zinniaPosts: 3990
VIP Member

hey, trishy. i know what you mean. boyfriend taught my boys to shoot bb gun and that even scared me. we've been hearing shots for two days now. can't let dog out alone. it scares the shit out of me that it's a bunch of men with guns in a snow storm trying to see straight enough to shoot one animal. most of them are safe, like my boyfriend and his crew who are over the top safe, but there are plenty out there who start drinking brandy "to keep warm" first thing in the morning. what could be a worse combination than a man with a gun loaded on brandy in a snow storm trying to find something to shoot. sends shivers up and down my spine. my boys will be playing inside today.

11/16/2008 07:15 AM
Trishy
Trishy  
VIP Member

Cherrie there is always someone on in this thread to talk to join right in i have made a lot of friends here and talk to them everyday about the good and the bad

11/16/2008 07:21 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Dizzy Dizzy Hey all, for me my Thanksgiving is kinda up in the air at the moment, I have a 20 turkey, store bought stuffing, etc.. had planned on taking it to Moms since she had been in the hospital, and considering the week from hell I have just survived, now I would rather feed the turkey to the cat.. although if Joe gains anymore weight, we could use him as a turkey substitute..lol.

I understand hunting for survival reasons, like Z, said, putting up meat for the winter, taking only what you need like the Indians did, but trophy hunting is something I don't condone nor believe in, in that case I believe that the deer should be armed as well, hunters get to take their chances just like the deer.

The brain is kinda mush today, so I am resting, watching brain numbing TV, and napping as needed. I got to work tomorrow, and it's our busy season, going to be tough enough just surviving that.Ermm Ermm

11/16/2008 07:45 AM
CherrieAngel
CherrieAngel  

Well i'm off to take the kidlets to the santa clause parade. I always think the middle of Nov is waaaaaaaaaaay to early for it but ah well.

HUGS to you all!

11/16/2008 07:51 AM
MsJ
MsJ  
VIP Member

My brother in law kills deer for a living in the winter, they are so overpopulated in CT. Needless to say my sister eats alot of venison.

Well, I've read the paper, clipped the coupons and ready to settle down for a Sunday full of hmmm, I don't know, maybe clean a bit, maybe just veg on the computer and watch all my DVR'd shows, I do need to clean that up LOL

Okay, I'm going to watch Thank You for Smoking.

Post edited by: MsJ, at: 11/16/2008 07:52

Welcome CherieAngel, look forward to chatting with you during the days!

Post edited by: MsJ, at: 11/16/2008 08:07

11/16/2008 08:23 AM
BrokenWingedAngel

Morning everyone. xx

11/16/2008 08:26 AM
MsJ
MsJ  
VIP Member

Good morning Angel, how are you today?

11/16/2008 08:27 AM
BrokenWingedAngel

Bah, Im ok I guess. x

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved