MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/29/2008 09:20 PM

Shame and Suicide

jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

I have been stuggling with this for a while now..I have felt shame and guilt since March 29th of this yr..My husband came home to find me sitting on our bed with the 22rifle in my mouth ..I was ready to pull that trigger..If my husband would have been just a few seconds later I would not be here..But I can seem to shake the feeling that he is a shamed of my suicide attempt..I feel nothen but shame and guilt for myself..Has anyone stuggled with this before??Unsure

09/29/2008 09:31 PM
txbiker63
txbiker63  
I'm an Advocate

Sorry you had to go through that but maybe your misreading worry and fear for what could have happened for shame just the way I'd feel never shame. Just my 2

09/29/2008 09:38 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

Thanks for your input.I can`t seem to stop thinking of the pain on my husbands face that night..I could see him fall apart emotionally..I guess maybe he has trust issues with me ..Exspecialy when I`m home alone..

09/29/2008 09:46 PM
txbiker63
txbiker63  
I'm an Advocate

I could imagine how he felt. I bet he worries alot too I would. Honestly I'd have trust issues too but it's not a bad thing......

09/30/2008 03:23 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Jolly, have you tried talking with your husband about how he feels and how you feel? I am pretty certain that you are mistaking his feelings of concern as shame, and it's not, it's really not a trust issue either, I am sure he is concerned about you being left by yourself after what he saw. Talk to him sweety, find out how he feels and let him know how you are feeling, forgive yourself..ok?

09/30/2008 05:44 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

He's not ashamed, he's worried. Talk to him sweetie. Get it out, it's festering inside you and that's not good.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved