MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/25/2008 06:53 PM

Anyone awake July 25th no topic(page 6)

golferel
golferel  

Bejeweled I am just rereading Night. Weisel came to our college and spoke to us. I remember not being that impressed - probably part of my dumb-ass disorder no doubt. I am amazed by the account of the Holocaust. Anyway, books for you and Norma - shoes for me, Z and Katy.Silly

07/25/2008 07:01 PM
bejeweled
bejeweled  

My major in college was holocaust studies. I actually placed 3rd in the elie wiesel award in Ethics. It was and still is one of my proudest achievements. I won a round trip to NYC to meet him and $1800. Which at the time was a FORTUNE. I was so excited. I just laughed and cried. Laughed and cried. My essay was published http://www.eliewieselfoundation.org/CM_Images/ UploadedImages/WinnersEssays/Angela_Leddy.pdf

Here is the link if anyone wants to read it. LOL That was so very long ago......and I've been published a million times over now but that is still my crowning achievement.

07/25/2008 07:13 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I just read it, bejeweled..you are gifted...but, I think I knew that before I read it. It was beautiful...

07/25/2008 07:14 PM
golferel
golferel  

Well HOW AMAZINGSmile Not that you have accomplished all that, just because it is amazing. I was an English major in college and now refuse to read anything that is over 200 pages...most of the timeLaughing What else does everyone have up their sleeve?! You have not delighted me long enough, bejeweled...just so you know.Kissing

07/25/2008 07:41 PM
trishy
Trishy  
VIP Member

Hey Norma thanks for the rain lol it has been raining all day and has cooled up.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 6 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved