MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/20/2008 08:47 PM

what is your truth(page 3)

trishy
Trishy  
VIP Member

You all are so inspiring to me each and everyone of you have made me feel at home here,I want to thank you all.

07/20/2008 08:59 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

My truth (as I see it) I think I'm here to nurture, to teach, and to learn. I can't deny an animal that needs love and nurturing....you will find a range from big dogs with broken legs to baby birds fallen from their nest in my house. I will get up from sleep every hour to feed a baby that needs me, sit for hours cuddling them....birds, cats, dogs...u name it....even had a lizard with a limp once. I cant turn my back on anyone or anything in need. Maybe thats my truth.

07/21/2008 04:03 AM
zinnia
zinniaPosts: 3990
VIP Member

that must be your truth because it's what i would have written about youSmile you can tell from how you talk you're a lover...

07/21/2008 08:29 AM
debiski
debiski  
VIP Member

I have an 18 yo son who is mentally handicapped (acts at the age of about a 5 year old). For YEARS I struggled with the question of WHY I was given a handicapped child.

I was dx'd with depression and OCD when I was 14. In 2005, my dx was changed to bipolar II. I live on the depressive side and have been suicidal MANY times.

I have three other kids who are grown and who can take care of themselves, but my son needs me. He will always need me. My truth is: my son keeps me alive. He gives me strength to go on no matter how awful I feel. HE is my reason for being here.

Deb

07/21/2008 08:34 AM
bejeweled
bejeweled  

That is beautiful debiski. I agree my children are everything to me.

07/21/2008 11:08 AM
zinnia
VIP Member

i couldn't agree more. my kids have kept me here more times than i can count. i often wonder what my episodes have done to them that i can't know about yet and it breaks my heart. i guess part of my truth is having to live with not knowing. all i can do is the best i can do from this point forward, and that's how i'm trying to live these days.

07/22/2008 08:44 AM
WannaLaughAgain
WannaLaughAgain  

I read a lot of people's truth's yesterday and didn't have time to share. I hope today isn't too late.

I met and married my husband at 21. He was a New Yorker. He uprooted himself to Arizona to be with me. We spent the next 15 years traveling back and forth to be with sick and dying friends. In all we lost 48 people with AIDS. I believed my truth/purpose was to help them and my husband (who also had AIDS) to live and to die with dignity. He died in may of 2002. I was sad, relived, and joyful because I thought I had served my purpose. I thought that God/life was going to let me be #50. I thought I got to be next. (I am not HIV+). I was devestated when this didn't happen. I was medicated during this whole time - misdiagnosed as situational/chronic deppression and PTSD because of all the death.

Life brought my best friend back in to my life. I happened to fall in love with her and she with me. We all attributed the mood swings to the grieving process of me losing my husband. But it continued on and on.

I started to look at what I could do to have a purpose. So I became a hospice volunteer. My mom has always told me that I touch people's lives. People have always told me I have touched their lives. I smile and say hello to people in elevators, in line at the grocery store - basically anyone who will give me eye contact. I genuinely care about people. So, I believe my truth/purple in my life is to be a spark of love. Either for one brief moment in an elevator, for a short time while sitting and chatting with or holding the hand of a dying person, or loving my family for as long as I can. Each spark can be short or long. This can only happen if I spark my own heart which has been the hardest thing to do. I am hoping through meds, therapy, and reading the posts of this board, I will re-ignite my inner spark so that I can make a difference in this world.

07/22/2008 08:50 AM
zinnia
VIP Member

wannalaugh-that was so beautiful. to be surrounded with so much suffering and to see what positive and loving thoughts and actions you could bring to the situation. i am in awe. i'm so happy you have love in your life. this place re-ignited my inner spark and keeps it going, even when i feel like i'm falling. may you find the same hope and peace that this site has brought to me. you are a great addition to our group and to the people whose lives you touch...

peace.

z.

07/22/2008 10:29 AM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Wannalaugh-I really felt what you had to say. I think you are a very special person. Not very often do you find a person who can speak directly from their heart like you have. I am glad you found this sight I think you can offer a lot to the whole group. Like you said whether it is just a moment or a life time you do make a difference. You sure did with me. Thank you so much and God bless you, Jeanne

07/22/2008 12:01 PM
WannaLaughAgain
WannaLaughAgain  

Thank you armymom. Being a "new member" is tough. I want to integrate but feel afraid to isolate myself by jumping in to conversation to quickly. I try to be polite and speak my truth. I guess that is all I can do! God bless you also! Laura

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved