MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/20/2008 12:51 AM

Anyone awake July 20th no topic

fizzio
fizzio  

G'day to all, new visitors please join in,

We took the kids to the snow, my first visit.It was the lowest of low slopes, but it was actually snowing, it was awesome! You could really only tobaggan but the kids had a great time and didn't get too wet. I fell once and jarred my back, reminded me why I am changing jobs in 6 weeks as I will now struggle at work tomorrow. What are you all doing today?

--- The discussion has been locked ---

07/20/2008 02:12 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Cool Cool Good Evening to you Fizzio, the trip to the snow must have been exciting for the kids, maybe not so much for you with the fall, but fun none the less, I remember my first trip up to the snow, it was fun, no where near the amount we can get here in South Carolina, here I remember my first experience driving in it..lol..Sick Sick I've gotten better about that, even with having gone down a hill sideways..with this last snow, I was passing $40,000.00 cars and trucks with my beat up little Toyota.. not really afraid, when I went down the hill, I knew one of three things were going to happen, come out of it, crash into a tree or end up in a ditch like I had seen others. Kept my cool through that, and fell apart after I turned off the ignition in the driveway.

The moods are feeling better this morning, even if the brain feels like it is swollen, Sad Sad I've found that is normal for me over the years, suffer with emotional hang overs.Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy Glenn and I need to wander out to Mom's, her and the brothers need their cell phone voice mails reset..Alltel has changed the program for getting your voice mails, made it easier, so maybe they can check them now, Mom doesn't care to learn, and I've just learned she's leaving her phone sitting on the counter rather than carrying it with her, we'll have a discussion about that today..got her the darn thing to have with her, the brothers carry theirs with them, baby brother knows how to call, answer and text, all he needs to know, the other brother I believe can call and maybe answer, but that is it, and for him, that is all he really needs to know. Answering is very easy, lift the lid of the phone and say hello, Laughing Laughing Laughing we've programmed every number they'll ever need into the phones and given them lists of who is what number. have explained that speed dial is very simple, press the number, hold for a three count and say hello..

So what is everyone else up to today? beyond the trip out to there, I have nothing but maybe a little shopping to do.

07/20/2008 02:37 AM
fizzio
fizzio  

Good morning Carmen,

It is difficult when parents don't catch onto technology. My mum has a mobile but usually has it off. My dad (75) can't cope with one, although he will drive to their holiday house through the middle of nowhere at 10pm. He relies on his CB radio.

I know the exhaustion of post mood crisis. And trying to reset the brain to normal function can't be speeded up. Hope you're right in time for work.

07/20/2008 03:10 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Morning Carmen and Fizzio...

I am laughing because I am one of those parents who is trying to catch up with technology. I have a cell phone (which I swore I would never have) and have even learned to text message. Which is nice since I can send the kids messages and they don't have to interrupt what they are doing except to say hi! My son, when he does not feel social just sends back a programmed message "I am in a Meeting". LOL LOL which means he wants some space.

Hope you guys have a great Sunday...

07/20/2008 03:39 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

Good morning/evening, dear friends!

Glad to hear your feeling a little better Carmen. I have those moods myself sometimes, and know it can be draining. (Sometimes I watch a sad movie and cry it all out to help).

Fizzio, I'm glad your kids enjoyed the snow. I'm still recovering from last winter, but I will say it's beautiful when it's falling softly outside and I'm cozy inside watching it, lol. We had a ton of it last winter - even exceeded our allowed "snow days" at school. Also had an ice storm - everything was coated in a layer of ice. I have some pictures of that that I might try to post.

My parents have a cell phone that they rarely use. My mom is trying very hard to get with the computer - sometimes asks me to help if she can't figure it out. My dad hates all technology, I think, lol.

07/20/2008 03:51 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Good Morning Norma, Tee, I'm feeling a bit better, been looking for my bird with a worm avatar, lost everything when Glenn redid the computer, and so far haven't been able to find him..Sad Sad , but have found a few more to add to my new collection, will remember to send my file to my yahoo next time..Laughing Laughing

07/20/2008 03:58 AM
fizzio
fizzio  

Hi, Tee,

Good idea about the sad movie, I can never find a way to let go, and I hate crying anyway as it blocks up my nose. Also, although I would love a cry with my husband he does not seem to tolerate this well (paranoia), so I never get a sense of relief. My pdoc tries to 'break' me at times, but I am determined not to let him make me cry, I don't know why.

07/20/2008 04:20 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

My back yard after the ice storm (if it works, lol).

07/20/2008 04:21 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

didn't work Sad

07/20/2008 04:33 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Terri...hope you post the pic of the ice storm. It is going to be a hot one here today, and I am determined to dip the dogs. Fleas are taking over. I have clipped the inside dog so she looks like a Mexican Hairless...and the outside dogs are full of fleas. No matter how much stuff I put on them the fleas are there. It is because we haven't had a good rain in weeks and the yard is so dry. So today is dipping day. And the dogs know it. They are laying low, and hiding right now.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved