MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/19/2008 05:28 PM

Does Anyone Feel Lonely?!

nyctrac

For sometime I have been feeling extremly lonely, almost as if I were invisible at times. I live in NYC the city that never sleeps. Yet I constantly find myself alone. I am at a age where everyone I know is married having babies, or trying. And I am just trying to keep my head above water. I walk around day after day and feel so empty and unrelatable. Whats worse is that I can't keep a job, or a relationship of any kind for more than 3 months. Does anyone else feel this way?God I hope so, because I am so f?@+@ing tired of feeling differnt.

07/19/2008 06:30 PM
trishy
Trishy  
VIP Member

I think we all feel lonely at time but since i found this site and everyone on it and have read all the stories i know i am not alone and i try and keep a positive attitude it is not easy at times but you can just come on here and talk to others going through the same thing no one judges you we just all talk about our feelings. I have a saying that i try to use when i get to feeling bad hope this helps. I either control my attitude or it controls me. When you are feeling lonely you just come on here and you will know that you are not alone. Trishy

07/19/2008 06:46 PM
nyctrac

Thank you

I appreciate your words of wisdomSmile

It always helps to hear that you are

not alone!!!

Thank you Trishy

07/19/2008 07:21 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I feel lonely sometimes, honey. And I come here and visit when I do. I hope you feel comfortable here and can do the same. No matter if you live in a big city, like New York, or in a house miles from anyone the loneliness is still there at times. Make yourself at home here. There is usually someone who is awake, just say you want to talk, and you can talk about anything you want. We are all here for each other. You can PM me if you need to, or any of the others. We usually answer our PM's first.

It you want to see who is online you can click on the members online and it will show you who is logged in...

07/19/2008 07:41 PM
nyctrac

Thank you so much for saying that. I sometimes forget that as outgoing, as I am I can sometimes be extremly introverted. And just hearing that I am not alone makes a world of difference to me!!!! Thank you, thank youSmile

07/19/2008 08:07 PM
red1965
red1965  
VIP Member

nyctrac, welcome. I came here because of feeling lonely, that all alone in a room full of people feeling. In our road through dealing with bipolar we tend to find it hard to find people we can talk to about it. That tends to leave us feeling isolated, those that have bipolar and those of us that don't both share this feeling.

This site has been a major help in my personal walk in the realm of bipolar, I have found people that I can talk about anything with. The thing that still amazes me so is that they understand!

Hang around and make some new friends... we are here waiting to talk.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Not as long as we are here!

GOD BLESS

RED

07/19/2008 08:10 PM
nyctrac

THANK YOU

07/19/2008 08:19 PM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Hey nyctrac, I am so glad you found us. If you stick around that being in a growd and feeling alone like Red said will go away. I have never found in my life more understanding and loving people. They are awesome. Hope to hear a lot more from you in the future. Take it easy, Jeanne

07/19/2008 08:24 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Now be ready nytrac...because it gets zany at times...we like to laugh and cut up, too. And please join in...we make believe we are at the beach...the Anyone Awake thread or the Beach thread that is going on right now...don't be shy about jumping in. I can remember when I joined it took me a long time to start posting. Now they can't shut me up...LOL LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved