MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/30/2008 08:01 AM

need gently used trendy School clothes

feathersla
feathersla  

I hate to ask but I have no money to buy new . If you have nice used clothing I am willing to buy them from you if it's reasonable . I need boy's pants & shorts size 7-8 shirts sz 10-12 . My girl is 10 and overweight she needs girls sz 16 PLUS pants -shorts and xxlarge shirts . I could also use clean used book bags and boy's sz 1 shoes . I hope no one thinks bad about me asking , I gotta do what I gotta do been worring about this till it's making me sick . Thanks Laurie

06/30/2008 08:24 AM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

Laurie, nobody here had better think bad of you or I will beat em down!! lol I think you have a great idea here. I am not ashamed to say that my granddaughters have the best times of their lives going to the Salvation Army stores near us for clothes & shoe shopping. These two kids, 18 & 15 come home with the most unbelievable outfits for so cheap I just marvel at their shopping skills. Cute clothes, I mean CUTE clothes for little of nothing. Whole outfits, head to toe for like $3-$4. They even have their friends going now just cause it's so fun. I am proud of them both!!!

If I had some clothes your size I would sure be sending them. Sorry I don't. But, if you have any used clothing stores near you it would sure be worth your time.

Love

Gloria

06/30/2008 09:08 AM
feathersla
feathersla  

I Love goodwill but it's a hour away and I have no gas money much less the clothes . I hope this will help out, I give away clothes all the time I swear my daughter out grows them before we get home from buying them lol it seems . I have had some bad luck buying lot's of clothing and getting some with stains and unmentioned button's missing and such off ebay . Money's so tight for everyone right now , just thought it wouldn't hurt to try this ??.... Laurie

07/05/2008 01:45 PM
feathersla
feathersla  

I guess this post wasn't as good an Idea as I thought it would be . If anyone nows how to close it you are welcome to. Thanks Laurie

07/05/2008 02:19 PM
feathersla
feathersla  

KNOWS LOL

07/05/2008 02:27 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

Laurie, if I had anything to send you sweetie I would!! I wish I was in a better possition to help : (

07/05/2008 02:32 PM
feathersla
feathersla  

Thanks sweetie , It will work out it always does just worried want to get some things together for school fast so I can quit thinking about it constantly . I drive myself crazy lol

07/05/2008 02:34 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

I hear ya!!! It never ends...*sigh*

07/05/2008 02:55 PM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

Laurie, I'm still working on this so don't lose faith in me. Does anyone know what size a girl's 16 plus is in womens size. Don't panic Laurie, they are trendy as hell cause my grand daughters wouldn't have anything that wasn't. lol Or maybe Laurie, you could measure a shoulder to shoulder seam. Then around her waist and around the top of each leg. I have my girls looking in their closets right now! If they find anything I will holler....LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! Cross your fingers.

07/05/2008 02:57 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

*crosses fingers* I will help with shipping cost Gloria, least I can do

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved