MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/29/2008 10:18 AM

What does love mean to you?

bejeweled
bejeweled  

It is so complicated. With my children it is undconditional. But with my g/f I have expectations. I love I Corinthians...Love is patient, love is kind...

I have also heard that love doesn't hurt. Which is total BS I think. Sometimes it hurts like hell.

I am interested what other people think of love, how they knew they were in love and what they do to stay in love.

Kissing

05/29/2008 10:29 AM
JET
JET  

Hey Bejewelled- Love can hurt like hell! I have been with my partner for 8 years- and it takes work to make it work. I know that I am in love because even when I am at my worst: grumpy, irritable, selfish- I still only want to see and talk to her. I trust her opinion and even when we fight I feel safe. I laugh the hardest with her, and I still find the weird things she does totally fascinating. And I can't imagine life without her, even when I can't stand her! There are expectations when you are in a relationship, trust has to be there, and whoever you are with needs to have your best interests at heart as well as their own. Having the same value systems helps.

Silly

05/29/2008 10:32 AM
JeffDavis2134
JeffDavis2134  

How to find true love and how to become more lovable by understanding and following scriptural guidelines.

www.watchtower.org/e/200603/article_03.htm

love you,

Jeff Davis

Post edited by: JeffDavis2134, at: 05/29/2008 12:37

05/29/2008 10:41 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good thread...for me is to be comfortable and secure in my own skin. A whole person who does not need someone, but rather wants someone. Loving a person's strengths while not ignoring their faults. Love for me is a choice I make freely with the understanding that it is a totally selfish act. I love because I decide to do so, and expect it to be returned. In the event it is not, then my choice is to stop loving. I love on my own terms.

05/29/2008 10:56 AM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

Years ago, a movie came out, "Brian's Song". One of the most wonderful lines I have ever heard was in that movie.. I remember it almost on a daily basis. It was, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." I know that living that line would be nearly impossible, but for me, that would be the ideal love. Never saying or doing anything to your love that would make an apology necessary. Wow, wouldn't that be something?

05/29/2008 11:16 AM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Gloria: They borrowed that line from "Love Story."

05/29/2008 11:26 AM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Honestly love is a complecaited thing but it is worth all the work. It's having a best friend, it's being a partner in all things whether you like them at the moment or not. It's a lot of work and yes it can be painful at times. It's wanting to be with that person not needing to be with the person. I feel Jeff is right everything you need to know about love can be found in scipture. Hope I helped a little...Jeanne

05/29/2008 11:27 AM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Does my spelling make you guys laugh? It sure did me.

05/29/2008 11:30 AM
graphdsnmouse
graphdsnmouse  

To me Love is accepting one another for who they are, even if you don't always agree with their choices. Not only in romanic love but also in all your relationships.

05/29/2008 11:41 AM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

Shocked Shocked Blush Blush Unsure Dizzy Ermm Sad OK now I have really played the fool...lol Warhorse that saying did come from, "Love Story"!! (I am old and crazy.) Thank you for helping me remember.

Love,

Gloria

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved