Gotcha, Are you a Ninja?

10/07/2009 10:17 PM
phoreveraphan
phoreveraphanPosts: 45

shhhh, it's a secret

10/07/2009 10:57 PM
aimeecat
aimeecat  

I think this is a very interesting topic and one I'm curious about. Both of my husband's most distressing episodes happened about a month after he decided to not smoke marijuana. He would occasionally smoke it when he felt anxious. He's just been formerly diagnosed BP type 1 and wants to try the medications. So far, I've found conflicting viewpoints. Both from very prominent people in psychiatry. So I don't know. Maybe there just isn't enough research. Everyone is different and maybe it's just a matter of experimentation? I don't know.

10/07/2009 11:04 PM
FinallyDonya
FinallyDonya  

I feel like "Semi-Super Woman" when I am "high", I don't take any unnecessary risks, like "driving or operating heavy machinery while taking this medication" You know It benefits me w/o the Horrible side-effects I have suffered with since taking Prescription Meds, Some of the Crap is truly Too embarrassing to mention

10/07/2009 11:11 PM
FinallyDonya
FinallyDonya  

I make the time to play and spend quality time with my kids, We play board games, Dance, make snacks and watch "girlie movies" all 4 of us bundled up together on my lil-couch. If I didn't smoke during a depressive episode, I can lay in bed pretty much all day, not sleeping but just laying there and They all try their best to "see about mommy". It's a needed change for them, We bathed together today { me and the youngest two} and they were soo silly and for once in a long time I wasn't angry, or preoccupied with the bull-ish my double-life leading husband has/is doing, We actually all laughed together, made a big mess together and cleaned up together. I was time well spent, due to my " self-medicating"

10/08/2009 06:22 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

We all have different opinions about this. When I was self-medicating, I got into a lot of trouble. Ended up an alcoholic and went on to hard drugs. Marijuana just opened a door that needed to be shut. It made bipolar worse. What I have found is that the right cocktail of meds keeps me from having the ups and downs that drove me to self-medicate in the first place.

I will never use it again. That being said, I know many here do smoke it. It's a personal decision. For me, it's bad news, not to mention that where I live it leads to jail time. If you choose to smoke, it might be good to tell your pdoc so he/she knows and can take that into consideration when determining drug dosing, but I don't know, though.

10/08/2009 09:07 AM
FinallyDonya
FinallyDonya  

I don't see a pdoc anymore, I am really scared to trust another one

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved